Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Depron plane

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 11:13 PM
scudrunner77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Depron plane

Ok- I know it is not 1/2a, but it could be! Maybe an .020 would add a little more life. Seriously, I don't know if love or hate Depron yet, but I had to give it a try. It builds very quick, but also gets dinged up pretty fast. There could be some 1/2a possibilities here though.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/My_f...2985797/tm.htm

Now that that is out of the way it's time to build a COMBAT plane! I see my Norvel twitching over there.....!
Old 05-17-2005, 11:52 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Depron plane

Yes, I should say so! Pretty neat!! The way I've seen to curve the wing with little riblets on the underside will give the plane better performance than a flat sheet. And the curvature might make the wing stiff enough to go sparless? I have to show you a flat sheet plane the next time we fly, it is a ton of fun, but it doesn't like to be flown straight and level with .049 power. Now stop fooling around, and let's fly some combat[>:]!!
Old 05-18-2005, 01:41 AM
scudrunner77

Ok! I look forward to seeing your 049 flat wing fly. It does have different characteristics. The riblet idea sounds good, but this 6mm depron is stiff. My LHS has 2 and 3mm in stock now. That would have worked better I think.

As far as the combat plane build goes I was going to use those rough dimensions you sent me, but with ailerons instead of rudder. And I found some of that film you used as covering for $2.00. Now that's cheap covering!
Old 05-18-2005, 02:18 AM
combatpigg

The idea for the cellophane covering came from a guy who is a total guru around here, DAN RUTHERFORD. This is a guy who would be alot of fun to get involved with 1/2A RC combat, but he is one of those totally obsessed C/L stunt dudes who is always working towards that perfect score. That doesn't matter, if you can get MR CRANKY PANTS revved up, and with my Son [CHARLIE] coming in the first week in JUNE, we should be able to have ourselfs a pretty good day of streamer chasing and all kinds of ear splitting tunes to listen to with a speed plane here and there thrown in!!
Old 05-20-2005, 12:31 AM
scudrunner77

I can't wait! Glad your son gets a break...look forward to meeting him. I will try to get Crankypants in the fight this time. And please do bring some screamers!
Old 05-20-2005, 02:11 AM
combatpigg

4 planes up at once will ROCK! I better get the fleet down from the rafters.........most of them are flying wings that were put together a couple of years ago and never flown. I still have a pretty good supply of unassembled prefab too.