Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Wal-mart foamie jets

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Wal-mart foamie jets

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 09:07 PM
SpeedSport
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wal-mart foamie jets

Has anyone ever attempted to make a plane(radio controled) out of these things, i was thinking maybe a little cuttin work, add some ailerions and elevator and voila, plane. How would i mount the engine up front and what is the max. weight?
Old 06-03-2005, 06:43 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Wal-mart foamie jets

Yeah, we've all tried it ,some of them work fine and fly for years and some of em flutter apart on the 3rd flight,like mine,,basically you cut about 5 inches off the nose,,fiberglass tape the wing together the length of the wing on the spar ,,balance it there and dig out pockets for servos and battery/rx and give it a try ,,oh,, epoxy a thin piece of ply to the nose to mount the motor on.......you only want rudder/elevator....Rog
If you do a search of foamies ,Dickeybird is the master of these planes,look for a thread from him..its been a while though...