Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

it flies!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 09:33 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default it flies!!

The WARBOAR Flies!!! really fast too!!,,got in 2 great fast flights with it,,course they were both pretty high up as it goes so fast I wasnt ready for low level flying and the fact that it goes vertical very well,,the product engine was not wanting to draw fuel very well but once it started to scream I chucked it and held on!!!,,this is Combatpiggs ANNILATOR same bird except I had to put my servos on the outside of the fuse,but they worked fine.....,glides like a brick and I wasnt paying enough attention to the field and landed 100 ft out in the grass that comes up to my belly. the second flight and landing went even better,,its def not a hands off plane......Rog
Old 06-05-2005, 10:36 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: it flies!!

That's great, ROG! Speed is relative and it's addictive. In a week, this thing will seem slow to you, then you will be wanting to put a VA on it.......are you running the APC 4.2x4?
Old 06-05-2005, 11:20 AM
flyinrog

No, I didnt want it as fast as possible,,I have an APC 5.7 x 3 on it, I have a 5 x 3 cox I may try...Rog
Old 06-05-2005, 12:26 PM
combatpigg

How much did yours end up weighing? you might find that the 5.7x3 is a pretty good choice for all around sport flying.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:56 PM
flyinrog

My kitchen scale (non-digi) says its around 10oz,,ok I'll keep the prop on it, I need more practice with it anyways....thanks for the plans btw....Rog
Old 06-05-2005, 02:38 PM
combatpigg

10 ozs!! That explains the glide, the first one I made weighs 8 ozs and the glide is real good. The 2nd one turned out weighing 9 ozs, and the performance just wasn't as good as the first. The difference with these 2 was the wood selection. I would build another 8 ouncer, but the LHS wood supply is down to the pieces that I rejected last month. The difference between 8 ozs and 10 isn't just 2 ozs, it should really be looked at as a 25% increase in weight[X(]!.
Old 06-05-2005, 03:38 PM
flyinrog

I thought I remember yours being 8oz,, cant really trust my kitchen scale either but its close,,nothing I can do now,,since I had to put the servos outside, I had to button things up permanent like, you dig?,,in order to take the wing off I have to undo the aileron linkage I even had to put in a switch and run the charge wire out of the back of the plane..and it has a 110 1/3aa cell battery in it,,...FR
Old 06-05-2005, 04:13 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YAY!!!
Old 06-05-2005, 04:30 PM
propbuster

Congrats Rog!! I should have known better and kept mine up high today like you did I did get myself up quite high today rescuing my motor glider out of a 50' pine tree though