Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Herr mustang

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 11:29 AM
encan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Herr mustang

Hi everybody.

I am about to finish up my Herr Mustang.

I used an os .15 la on it.

For the radio gear i have a 750 mah batery pack, a Hitec 555 reciever, 2 HS81 metal gears, and 2 BlueBird 371s. Now i used HS-81 mgs for aileron and elevator and Blue birds for the throttle and rudder.

My concern is, if the blue bird servo is going to be enough for the rudder???

BMS-371 Micro Servo specs are:

Weight: 9.4 Grams / 0.33 oz, Torque: 21.0 oz.in, Speed: 0.12 sec./60° at 4.8V

id be glad if anyone comment on this. Thank you
Old 06-07-2005, 01:06 PM
rrragmanliam
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Herr mustang

Hi encan,

I'll probably get slaped around by some of the more knolageable forum members for this opinion. If it were me I'd go ahead and try the bluebird servo for a couple of reasons. First 21oz. of torque should be fine. Secondly the servo is on the rudder, even if it does strip or fail as long as the rudder is neutral you will still have control of the plane. Now if it strips and the rudder jams full left or right you got problems. Fianaly if you have a smaller bettery pack I would use it. A 270 pack would be plenty of capacity for up to 5-6 flights before recharging and it would save some weight.

Rrragman

Old 06-07-2005, 01:47 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Herr mustang

I agree with rrragmanliam. You're not likely to do a lot of stuff that reqires heavy rudder usage on a Mustang.