Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

could not get product engine to start

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

could not get product engine to start

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 07:12 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default could not get product engine to start

Had the Warboar out this morning,,had difficulty starting it before but it absolutely would not start today,,even tood the engine off and yanked the screen out of it,,but it would only burn off the prime..so after changing out plugs and everything I could think of I gave up and came home now it has the Tim Wiltse .049 red devil special engine on it (black widow all purtied up) and it runs fine ,,may try to fly it again tomorrow.....Rog
Old 06-18-2005, 08:31 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: could not get product engine to start

I look forward to a flight report
Old 06-19-2005, 07:52 AM
JasonRP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may be wishful thinking, but a few times when my Cox Reedy refused to start, removing the needle and rinsing out where the needle goes with fuel got me started..

ORIGINAL: flyinrog

Had the Warboar out this morning,,had difficulty starting it before but it absolutely would not start today,,even tood the engine off and yanked the screen out of it,,but it would only burn off the prime..so after changing out plugs and everything I could think of I gave up and came home now it has the Tim Wiltse .049 red devil special engine on it (black widow all purtied up) and it runs fine ,,may try to fly it again tomorrow.....Rog
Old 06-19-2005, 04:52 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried that too Jason,,I think it was a fuel draw problem anyway and you cant get to the tank without taking the plane apart so,,plus I bought the engine because of the choke tube and the front of mine was so tight I had to take that off which didnt help,,but I got it to run about 5 tanks before this happened...Rog
Old 06-19-2005, 05:35 PM
Jim Thomerson

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One thing we have had a couple of times with Cox 049 reedies with tank is that the needle tip breaks off. I think it is from vibration. this is one of the first things I check now.

Jim
Old 06-20-2005, 08:58 AM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rog,

It is also common to get a speck of something that holds the reed open. This will cause fuel draw problems.

George