Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Lazy bee arf (Global hobbies)

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Lazy bee arf (Global hobbies)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 08:29 PM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lazy bee arf (Global hobbies)

Finally about there, design wt 28 to 40oz, total wt with tt10 diesel conversion (includes radio equipment and battery) 33oz,Just to play it safe ordered an ASP 15 from Just Engines which has mounting pattern as the TT10 and OS10 FP. all control rods switched over to
Sullivan and metal clevises. windshield still to put on, and open areas on fus beefed up with 1/8 square sticks, all joints reglued and
small pinned real hinges rather than the tiny glue in with CA type used.Will check out with the TT10 if needed can bump to the 15
WHOOPS WRONG PHOTO WILL TRY AGAIN. tHERE WE GO . The first one is my Pharm Techs wedding she married a good old boy from South Carolina ,name went from Nguyen to Johnson it was a good time martin
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43263.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	302459   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51391.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	302460  
Old 07-28-2005, 08:57 AM
flyswatter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lazy bee arf (Global hobbies)

Cute plane. I have seen the larger versions fly and they look like fun. Please let us know how this one flys.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:11 PM
AMB

Flyswatter -- It should be in the air this weekend will you guys know pix too. There was a pop up ad from world models for a 39" mustang electric tonight they (world models) are built ups not foam, might be an intresting 1/2 conversion also show a chipmunk
these come with a geared 400 electric motor, think they are begging for a small glow/diesel conversion appears to be about $79
Old 07-31-2005, 05:11 PM
AMB

Well got the first flight on the Bee today with the OS10 dieselconversion the grass was a bit high so we used the sidewalk. I got it up
it did 3 loops and a roll in a flash chopped the throttle and got in down in one piece . The rains were coming .Took most of the control
throws out and have put a lot on expodential on the transmitter till I get get a feel for this one Had way too much elevator and rudder.
responsive it is. it was too hairy to even trim out martin
Old 05-19-2006, 11:39 PM
Rcguy521

I have a Standrad size Lazy Bee that I would like to put a set of the Clancy floats on. Where can I find the kit/plans for these floats? I've tried all of the major retailers, eBay and even written to Andy Clancy but still do not have any idea. It would be appreciated if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
Rcguy521
Old 05-21-2006, 09:32 AM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

I've built (from plans) four Bees; two Lazy and two Speedy. I have (over)-enjoyed them all. The 'over' refers to the pile of sticks I have reduced three of them to after having lost the first Lazy to a bad receiver (I suspected it and wasted a fine plane rather than replace it, how dumb), 'proving' my machismo by flying in way too much wind, and last time was just dumb thumbs caused by "knowing" that Bees will recover from anything you do to the sticks.

I tried Enya .10, SP-400, and .15FP for power. The .15 was the best.

The lesson for today children is that Bees fly so well and are so much fun that you are tempted to fly them like crazy - but to paraphrase an old advertising jingle, "betcha can't stop at just one". And they are so easy (and fun) to build that a new one is easier to deal with than putting together all them little 'bits' after an 'incident'.

Oh, the plans for the floats are on the original plans from when Mr. Clancy sold them himself. I built a set. Never used them. Gave them away. Too late. Sorry.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:56 AM
KidEpoxy

I tried Enya .10, SP-400, and .15FP for power. The .15 was the best.

Wow, sounds like something an AP15 might actually work on
Old 05-22-2006, 03:54 PM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

RCG,

I just dug out my Speedy Bee plans. I thought that was where the floats would be. No luck. Must have been on the Lazy Bee set, which I probably gave away since I couldn't find it in my well-organized, efficient storage system (uh huh).

Have you tried the "International Bee site"? I found them once via Google but I didn't save the URL. Good luck.