Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

What can I do ? COX/SANWA Radio

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

What can I do ? COX/SANWA Radio

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 08:14 AM
cortacesped

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What can I do ? COX/SANWA Radio

Well, I got an old Cox/Sanwa Radio - TX COX SANWA 8130 3 ch TX 75.640Mhz. and RX COX SANWA 8025 3 ch, no crystal. My questio is:

Is it useful ?? The RX is without the crystal, is it available anywhere ?, is it possible to use another Rx (hitec am? )
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37193.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	302952  
Old 07-29-2005, 08:30 AM
skylane42
My Feedback: (53)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What can I do ? COX/SANWA Radio

Radio is not narrow banded... just maybe save the servos and junk the rest.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:58 AM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

I don't know that the fact that it's on 75mHz or that it's not narrow-banded matters much in Argentina. Either way, sorry I don't have any definitive info on whether or not it'll work with another Rx. However since it's Sanwa, I imagine that it's positive shift deviation, so if either JR or Airtronics make an AM 75mHz reciever, it might work.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:10 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Yes, any AM crystal will work. And you can still use that radio. Just not in the USA.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:02 AM
mclintock
My Feedback: (3)

Will any am 75 mhz crystal really work? I ask because I have an old cox radio the same vintage as that one, only it's on 72 mhz am, and i tried an am JR crystal in it and could not get it to work, but it does work with the cox/sanwa crystal... but I was able to get an old futaba am rx to work with jr crystals and vice-versa.. This is all am, mind you, the positive-negative lack of standards thing only applies to the fm and pcm stuff..

Maybe 75 is like 27, because on my 27mhz radios, it does not seem to matter who's crystal is in who's receiver, they just work.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:56 AM
SGC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

above about 30mhz crystals opperate at overtone frequencies , for instance our 36mhz stuff has 3rd overtone in some brands and 5th overtone crystals in others . I would think thats would be the same at the 72-75mhz frequencies , mostly (but not allways ) futaba , Jr and some multiplex use the same crystal , sanwa and hitech i think are compatable -check befor use .
Stewart
Old 07-29-2005, 12:18 PM
cortacesped

Thanks for the info, I only have the Transmiter with crystal and the Receiver without crystal (no servos). I have to check in the LHS to see if they have some stuff that could work. Regards

Claudio
Old 07-29-2005, 02:57 PM
mclintock

Here in the US, some 75 mhz stuff was for planes, way back long ago, now all 75 is for cars/boats/robots. I think if I were you, I'd check to see if I could find a car receiver on 75, and maybe not use that receiver at all, as the old cox sanwa stuff had the servo plugs wired differently than all the modern servos. It would probably be lighter anyway.
Or you could go on the cox site and buy some cox servos for cheap, but the shipping!!$$
coxmodels.com
Old 07-29-2005, 07:19 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: cortacesped

Thanks for the info, I only have the Transmiter with crystal and the Receiver without crystal (no servos). I have to check in the LHS to see if they have some stuff that could work. Regards

Claudio
Um. Without servos, you are in a bit of a pickle. Finding those will be tough. I think you can use a new receiver with modern plugs. And two or three servos. And by the time you are said and done, you might as well have bought a new radio.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:22 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Or am I having brain fade? Are the old Cox/Sanwa connectors the same as any other Airtronics connectors?
Old 07-29-2005, 11:35 PM
mclintock

The cox connectors are the same as the old sanwa/airtronics, there's a web page some place with pictures of the types.. oh here's one.. the cox like ones are at the bottom..
http://aircraft-world.com/prod_datas...t/w-servos.htm
Old 07-30-2005, 12:26 AM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Cox has the Cox/Sanwa servos on sale for $4.99. The shipping may cost more than the servos.

http://www.coxmodels.com/prodinfo.asp?number=80111
Old 07-30-2005, 06:32 AM
cortacesped

Thanks for being so helpful, guys. I thought that I could make this old system work to use it in some cheap project, but now I think that it will be a part of "the Junk Collection" at the CORTACESPED MUSEUM . Regards. Enjoy the weekend

Claudio