Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Help with Enya engine

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Help with Enya engine

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2002, 01:44 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with Enya engine

the one I traded for has a spray bar , my understanding is that is not a good thing, but I dont know what is the best plug for this motor (enya .15-IV model 3304) and the best prop size since I'm trying to put it on my HOB mustang, prolly way too much motor but better too much eh? ok glow plug and prop.......can ya help?
Rog
Old 10-22-2002, 01:10 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nothin, no help, oh man , wheres the love? cmon ya'll, opinions .. somethin, work with me people...Rog
Old 10-23-2002, 11:21 AM
jettstarblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!

FLYINROG,

7X6 for speed, or 7X5 APC, 8X4 APC for more vert.
Short plug from your favorite manufacture- Fox? Enya? K&B? or?
On my small (.15 and less- including the Cox engines I've converted) I pop off the head, and check for clearance, just to be safe. The farthest reaching part of the plug should be flush with the inside of the combustion chamber. If it sticks out into the chamber, use an extra copper glow plug gasket. I have never tried a plug with the idle bar, because the "idle" speed is high enough they don't seem to need it, and have never had a problem.
As for the spraybar model, don't know if it's good or bad, but Enya's are all good engines, so I wouldn't worry to much.
Hope this helps, let me know.

Jetts
Old 10-23-2002, 07:33 PM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it has a venturi/s[raybar/ needle calce then it is a controlline motor and all you need do is take those items off and install the appropriate enya 15 carb.