Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

.061 Zagi

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 10:14 PM
Gravityisnotmyfriend
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .061 Zagi

I don't have a question and I don't need advice - I just needed to brag a little about what I did. I have a .061 AP Wasp and I intended on building a CrazyHerb delta. I told one of the guys in my club about this and he suggested that I take his Zagi 5C ( a slope combat glider) and try to attach the Wasp to it. Since I've seen the electric Zagi's, I originally tried to make it a pusher. Once the engine was mounted, I couldn't come close to being able to balance it with all the rest of the gear as far forward as possible. I then mounted the engine on the front, and balance was easily achieved. I test flew it today and couldn't have hoped for anything better. I was worried that the engine wouldn't have enough oomph for the 48 inch glider, but it pulled it along very well. I did find one odd thing about its flight characteristics. If I give it full up elevator while its flying, it doesn't really loop - it just kinda flips over backwards (if that makes sense). If I hold full back after it does its flip, it goes into a flat spin. I just hold back and give it full throttle and it spins flat and slowly loses altitude. I wanted to try to land like this, but I'm afraid I'll break the prop if I land at full throttle. I'll get some better pics tomorrow, but this will do for now. Has anyone else converted one of these gliders? I would really recommend it - not only is it ridiculous amounts of fun, but I can fly for about 30 minutes on 2 oz's of glow fuel.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68319.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	307216   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54904.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	307217  
Old 08-08-2005, 02:53 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: .061 Zagi

At sixty bucks, I'd say you got a pretty nice friend! That's a pretty good idea. Did you put the tip fins on?
Old 08-08-2005, 07:28 PM
Gravityisnotmyfriend
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: .061 Zagi

Yeah, it was completely built and flown as a slope glider before I got my hands on it. The pics don't make the tip fins obvious, but they're there. I'll try to get better pics to show more detail