Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Norvel Fuel

Old 08-25-2005, 07:49 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Norvel Fuel

Usually when I make a Norvel/shopatron order I go ahead and get a quart of the %35 fuel ,,,,well I need a carb for an .074 so I order a carb, a fuel filler syringe, a glow head, and 2 quarts of fuel...yesterday I get an email that my order has been sent.....Today I get an email that they no longer carry the fuel or the filler syringes, they will send the glow head, but it will be 8 weeks for the carb!!........I think I've heard on here that Sig makes (gets) the fuel but I dont know where to get it online...anybody?...Rog
Old 08-25-2005, 08:21 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Norvel Fuel

Don't know about an online resource but I can pick you up some next time I am in Rock Hill at the Hobby Stop.
Regarding a siringe, I get mine from the local vetrenaian. They will give you a used one for horses if you ask nicely.[sm=greedy.gif] In case you can't ask nicely I can get one of those for you too.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:35 PM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: flyinrog

........I think I've heard on here that Sig makes (gets) the fuel but I dont know where to get it online...anybody?...Rog
Rog --

Did you order directly thru NORVEL -- if so, try ordering directly from [link=http://www.sigmfg.com]SIG[/link]. SIG has a direct sale and dealer network website. They list both fuel and NORVEL parts.

However, I did not see an all nylon syringe in their fuel accessories.

Old 08-26-2005, 06:43 AM
flyinrog

Thanks Andrew!! didnt even think of that,,they do have the No-Rub filler too...will make an order today....Rog
Old 08-26-2005, 08:01 AM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rog, if you're gonna order from SIG, check out the all-castor CHAMPION fuels. I picked up a gallon at the HS for twelve bucks. Very different blends, so watch the castor %'s.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:51 AM
D Bronk

FLYIN ,mY fuel pump(syringe) is from an ink jet TRI-COLOR refill kit. The syringe is incremented to 10 MLs., but I found that 6 MLs., fills a BABE BEE tank..The other thing in this syringes favor is, the "needle" is already square cut and has no sharp point on it whatsoever..It fits the fill tube on the tank perfectly without scraping any shavings into the tank,plus it has a cover for the needle end, helps keep crap out of it.If you want one of these,I`ll have a spare one the next time I buy a refill kit..Let me know DAVE B.

REFILL kit made by JET TEC
Old 08-26-2005, 03:08 PM
flyinrog

PT thats the fuel I ordered, 2 quarts of 35% I usually mix up with cool power, and they had the fueller (its only listed under norvel) so I ordered 4 of them, I have one , but these are for prizes at the flyin and one for a friend....thanks DB....Rog
Old 08-26-2005, 03:27 PM
PAINLESS
My Feedback: (19)

Been a while since I've posted to RCU.
Lone Star Balsa carries a 2oz and 5oz syringe. The 5oz is the same one that SIG sells.
Check their web page under "products" then "miscellaneous".
Old 08-28-2005, 10:42 PM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

PAINLESS,

Norvel suggests a fueler with no rubber parts. They say that the cooler running of their engines will allow impuritied in the fuel to foul the glow plug. Some of the impuritied include rubber that erodes from a syringe or fuel bulb.
The Norvel site also does or did list recommended fuels. Theirs was made by Wildcat before the merger with SIG. I assume they are now using SIG, but that is just an ASSUMPTION.

George

Edit: spelling error.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:53 AM
PAINLESS
My Feedback: (19)

I have had problems with the red fuel bulbs in the past. I have been using the syringes for years to fill up C/L bladders and have never seen the rubber get eaten by the fuel. It would be easy to spot since you can see thru the plastic.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:22 PM
D Bronk

I`ve had 6 ml.s of omega fuel sit in the syringe I mentioned above for 2 weeks straight and emptied it before useing. I checked the plunger and found no softening at all. MAYBE RUSSIA makes a lower quality plunger and SYRINGE ??? D.B.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:12 AM
flyinrog

Lite Machines Helicopters have a section on this in their manual..its not so much that the fuel effects the rubber its the (I'm guessing here) the parts per million of the fuel rubber mix that actually coats the filimant of the glow head..they will glow fine with a glow starter but they wont run worth a darn.....Rog
Old 09-03-2005, 06:29 PM
AndyW

ORIGINAL: D Bronk

I`ve had 6 ml.s of omega fuel sit in the syringe I mentioned above for 2 weeks straight and emptied it before using. I checked the plunger and found no softening at all. MAYBE RUSSIA makes a lower quality plunger and SYRINGE ??? D.B.

It's not that the fuel is eroding or softening the rubber, actually. It may be the rubbing action of the rubber against the walls of the plastic syringe that might be rubbing off microscopic bits of rubber that are rubbing you the wrong way. And fouling your plugs.

After all, most fuel tanks use a rubber stopper.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:13 PM
gcb

ORIGINAL: 1705493-AndyW
...After all, most fuel tanks use a rubber stopper.
Are you sure, Andy? I thought they were neoprene or silicone.

George
Old 09-05-2005, 02:02 AM
flyinrog

Well, the order came in, got the carb, got the fuel ,, no syringes ,,,I hate that,,I only made the order because everything was "in stock" no date or even an estimate on the back ordered syringes......Rog
Old 09-05-2005, 06:41 AM
D Bronk

ORIGINAL: 1705493-AndyW

ORIGINAL: D Bronk

I`ve had 6 ml.s of omega fuel sit in the syringe I mentioned above for 2 weeks straight and emptied it before using. I checked the plunger and found no softening at all. MAYBE RUSSIA makes a lower quality plunger and SYRINGE ??? D.B.

It's not that the fuel is eroding or softening the rubber, actually. It may be the rubbing action of the rubber against the walls of the plastic syringe that might be rubbing off microscopic bits of rubber that are rubbing you the wrong way. And fouling your plugs.

After all, most fuel tanks use a rubber stopper.

Not trying to make waves,,just would like to know the facts (why) in regards to a rubber tip syringe.Imentioned about my current fueler,sitting in fuel.It`s used for cox 0.049.. But my question is about the microscopic rubber thing,and Rubbing.If a glow plug won`t tolerate it,would the human body?? I just bought the BIG MIG ,and I need to KNOW too...D.B.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:29 AM
gcb

All the information about rubber contamination as well as recommended fuels should still be on the NORVEL site.

George

Edit: It still does. Check here: http://www.norvel.com/t002.html

You might want to check out the rest of the site for more NORVEL info.