Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Toki 05 sneak preview!

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Toki 05 sneak preview!

Old 12-01-2006, 10:51 AM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Toki 05 sneak preview!

ET, so what ever became of this engine? Any info on it's availability and performance?
Old 12-01-2006, 12:41 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave, if you look at the spec sheet in the first post, it's got all the power of a good OK Cub at 3x the weight. Who cares if it's available in that form.[]
Old 12-01-2006, 01:36 PM
rainedave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, looks don't count for anything?[]
Old 12-01-2006, 03:22 PM
ptulmer

Sure they do. My wife is fat and pretty, too. Wouldn't stick a prop on her either. Tassles maybe.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:22 PM
Silvaire
My Feedback: (50)

What - no pictures?
Old 12-01-2006, 11:34 PM
treedog

Pt ur a hoot i wouldn't have the marbles to say that about my wife . she's cherrokee and can use a gun or knife better than me lol.
Td
Upon further do consideration possibly u just like liveing on that knife edge of infammy. Well..... maybe knife edge was the wrong term. Maybe i'm just over reacting. Inever use the words fat and pretty in the same sentence when it concerns the misses. he he
Td
Old 12-04-2006, 10:55 AM
ptulmer

Silvaire, Bruce would get me for sure if I posted pictures of that...

TD, my wife is a Redneck. Sure, she can outshoot and outhunt me, but she doesn't know how to use a computer either.

Apparently, this engine may have seen little success as a car engine, too. There are larger engines that may be made by Toki and marketed under different names. The Toki mounting pattern also seems to be a standard. Look at the Ofna Picco and the misnamed Trinity .095.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:09 AM
jetpack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll take the Carb!!!

A one piece block and cylinder worry me though, usually thermal distortion is associated with that. The gunmetal color looks like thats what the cylinder is "hard anodized" with. (no sleeve)

Ceramic bearings with a good grade (if available in that size) would probably boost the numbers.

The bolt on muffler idea is grand. Finally a secure way to mount a tuned pipe, if the stock muffler isn't designed for boost.

Awesome looking motor though, built just as serious as the bigger brothers if you overlook the one piece design.

The taper lock cone is one additional feature they didnt have to do but is nice to see. Me being mostly interested in rc boats and motors, the flywheel mentioned really sparked me. Theres a few 1/2A designed scale hydroplanes and runabouts I would love to see this sitting in. Any info towards that direction I would enjoy hearing.