Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Job Posting

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 11:14 AM
WINANS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Job Posting

FYI there is a job posting in the Product Announcements and Manufacturers News section - some of you may be interested in it.

Regards,

Scott
Old 09-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Laser Arts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Job Posting

Well, I may be interested in coming back again, but can you answer a couple questions I might have first?

I'm unsure about what the working environment is like these days, can you tell me a bit about anything that has changed? How are the personal relations between the employees and management, yourself and higher up? How are employees treated there? Has that improved, or do employees still take the blame for manager mistakes and get yelled at, belittled, and abused? Have there been any improvements?

I'm a bit concerned about the turnover rate, why do people in the Estes R&D department and throughout the company get fired or quit so often? Doug Binder, Mike Pratt, Jeff Kumpf, Dave Reden (marketing), 2 art guys, and others as recent examples ...

What is the average work week like? Is it still "work there and at home until you drop" without being able to use vacation time, or has it come down to a more sane level? How many hours a week is the average for product designers?

How are the management skills of whoever is in charge of R&D these days? Can they set schedules, work with employees, stand up for the empoyees when needed, set realistic reachable goals, etc.? If you are still managing the department, have your management skills improved?

Can you tell me/us anything else about how great of a job it is? I am truely interested if things have changed.

Thank you,
Brian Eberwein