Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Electric Kantana Atlanta Hobbies

Old 10-20-2005, 06:58 PM
BQuartucy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Electric Kantana Atlanta Hobbies

Has anyone out there gotten one of the new small Kantana models from Atlanta Hobbies? I was toying with the idea of converting it to glow in the .074 to .15 range. Any thoughts on this?[sm=confused.gif]
Old 10-20-2005, 07:39 PM
BrotherBjork
My Feedback: (60)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Electric Kantana Atlanta Hobbies

I have a e-flite mini funtana that flies really good, I mean really, really good. I'm running a hi-maxx 4200 with tp-2100's and it is plenty of power plus some for that airplane. The precision aerobatic's katana mini certainly is a nice looking airplane, and from what I've read so far they are a little better if not just as good as the e-flite version performance-wise. Either way though, they are undoubtedly both nice kits and I think either one would be perfect for nitro applications with one exception... They are both very light in weight and construction. I would plan on beefing up the fuse airframe and go with engine overkill to make up for weight compromises, but that's just me ;> hope this helps and good luck with it.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:39 PM
Quicksdraw MaGraw
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Electric Kantana Atlanta Hobbies

I originally purchased one with this in mind. However after sitting with it for a while I decided that although it's built very strong it's also very light. I went electric. The Landing gear for sure would need some attention. I actually was very successful with a Mini Funtana Glow conversion. It was a blast until my elevator locked and I put her in. Had at least 40 flights. Back to the Katana.... A .15 would pull it around nice but it wouldn't hover. The firewall would need more beef as well. Good luck