Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

3 Questions, about ,COX BABE BEE 0.049

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

3 Questions, about ,COX BABE BEE 0.049

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 09:51 AM
D Bronk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3 Questions, about ,COX BABE BEE 0.049

IT`s Christmas Morn.and now It`s appropriate to Wish everyone ,a MERRY CHRISTMAS. I`m going to try, and get this Ornament, out of the Tree,and,take it outside.IF I can find some good help,maybe I can get a couple laps on it.. DAVE B.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62788.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	375400   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy80054.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	375401   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw59326.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	375402  
Old 12-25-2005, 10:42 AM
mclintock
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck with that nice ornament, I hope you have warm still weather like we do here in new england today!
Merry Christmas!
Old 12-28-2005, 03:04 AM
vauxhall

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Dave, hope U had a nice Xmas, flown the C/L'er yet? The suspense is killing us all. Are you related to Alfred Hitchcock? Put the wheels on it, and use a sheet of plywood or wall board as a runway. The screw driver through the tailskid attached to a string thing always works, if you're flying single handed. Wilbur and Orville got airborne in less time than this project. I haven't had any experience of Canadian winters, so maybe its just too b*oo*y cold to fly model planes. I enjoy reading all your posts, have you started on the C/L Corsair yet? Also, an Aussie, Sir Charles Kingsford-Smith made the first ever Pacific crossing in a Fokker tri-motor, very similar to the one you're planning to build. It was called the Southern Cross..........John
Old 12-28-2005, 04:50 AM
SGC

As a kid I mostly allways flew my control liners alone in my backyard, I had an 8x4ft sheet of ply with permantly mounted choks in 1 corner there was also a block at the rear that had a flap of metal to hold the tail down. Just started it placed the model in the blocks and went to the center and pulled the model sideways out of the blocks, easy and no third line to trip over.
Re the Southern Cross, my father along with 2or3 other chaps restored the Southern Cross to airworthy condition after WW2 so it could be used in the original movie "SMITHY" , my dad n crew were in the airforce at the time. My dad spent most of WW2 on Horne island dureing the conflict , he was an aircraft fitter, both airframe and engines.

Name:	Ge94932.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	376731  
Old 12-28-2005, 12:20 PM
cyclops2

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for all the good and bad of Cox's engines.
Same with Norvel
--------Now whats left for under $80 ?
Old 12-28-2005, 05:12 PM
D Bronk

The reasoning that the Cadet has not flown yet ,is this weather we`ve been getting ,the temperature has been fair ,at around, 0 degrees Celsius, but, it has been snowing, nearly everyday ,and I would hate, to ruin this little engine.It has happened with one of my snowmobiles, the air box came loose, and it sucked ,snow.The snow is a real Killer to the piston.It seems to wash the oil ,off the intake side of the piston and the piston skirt gets worn off(scored),and cracks.This Friday, my Nephews ,and their parents will be coming to visit for the day.So I`m hoping, to give the CADET, its Maiden voyage.I`m sorry if I seem to be TEASING everybody with this plane,But there always seems, to be something, working against me.MIGHT just have to do, the plywood thing,yet.I need to check the family TREE ,and see if ALFRED, is lurking in there somewhere.

I found The article about the Fokker Super Universal intrigueing.The museum, that is now ,its home, is about 60 miles from me,and, It`s been on my mind ,for a CONTEST plane, ever since ,I`ve seen it ,in the newspaper..IT`s not the sexiest plane ,I`ve ever seen.But it sure has a lot of history,from around the world, to it.THIS model of FOKKER,was,The NORTHERN expedition plane, of the explorer BYRD .I`ve been reading about it ,over the last couple days.The more I read, the more I discover.IT`s why, I like the SCALE planes ,so much(history).I had noticed that there was a connection between the Fokker, and the Ford,.You guys` now have me thinking about, both of these planes ,as contest entries.The Super Universal,with a single engine,and the Ford TRi-motor, with triple engines would be very intresting.I have never flown anything with more than a single engine.3 engines, would be, HEART ATTACK, EXCITING.I would think.I`m going to do some research, on Your AUSSIE Hero too.DO You fellows, have any private Pics/stories,that you would be willing to share??We`ll keep the story alive...I hope you guys enter the Contest too..It should be FUN..

.The CORSAIR ,that I`m building at the moment(on hold )is a 62 " wing span ,and eventually, want to take it to shows.Its being built in the KOREAN WAR era.I thought it would be a nice tribute ,to the many countries ,that took part in that war(allies)..I`ve been looking for a certain bit of info, on this 1 plane, in particular.After about 1500-1800, hours researching ,I`ve still not found, what I`m looking for.Once I get, that plane finished up, then, I`ll make the 1/2A version(book ends) of it.

ONCE, the CADET,is flown.I`ll post a video.Either way, good or bad ,we`ll have a air show..

Name:	Qo39735.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	377016  
Old 12-28-2005, 06:46 PM
vauxhall

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Dave, no-one can control the weather, I guess you're keener than any of us to see the Cadet flying. You're sure having a White Christmas! I think I prefer to be floating in my pool with a cold beer. Been hot here over Xmas, around the 38C mark. Heres a pic of the Fokker Southern Cross replica. Apart from the first air crossing of the Pacific, Sir Charles Kingsford -Smith flew the original all over the world during the 1920's. It now lives in a glass case at Brisbane airport.
I've seen models of the plane, most use the engine in the nose, and dummy outers........John

Name:	Lj22788.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	377059  
Old 12-28-2005, 07:28 PM
D Bronk

GOSH, 38C.. I can hardly breath when the Temp.gets that high here,I`m glad ,it`s not too often.That`s a nice picture John.I just bumped into a pic of a Stinson and it sure seems that these wing shapes/designs were very popular ,way back when.I`m really curious about ,any connections amongest all these planes .If there`s any.Can`t be coincedence ,Could it???.Got to get off line for awhile ,chat later ..DAVE