Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Norvel 074 its alive!!

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Norvel 074 its alive!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2002, 05:33 PM
sturmvogel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Norvel 074 its alive!!

Bipe Flyer
I agree with you about props, the selection has certainly gone downhill from when I was a kid. Back then, though, the manufacturers had a large market. Have you tried any of the european web sites for props? The British particularly seem to fly a bunch of freeflight competition and scale with small engines. There could be a better selection there.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:56 PM
jpbugdust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my new Norvel .074 running. It has two copper-shims under the head. Put an under sized 6" by 4" prop on for break in. This little engine absolutely loves the Byron Genera-2 fuel. It has 20% oil and 15% nitro-methane. Got the engine to fire on a couple of drops of prime. Hooked up the fuel-line...checked by hand to make sure there was no hydraulic lockup. Took the Hornet electric starter and just lightly touched the cone to the spinner. Braaap ! It lit right off ! (Scared the heck out of me !) It started on the rich side of mixture...I slightly leaned it in a bit. Lordy ! This engine sings ! This engine is speaking MY language ! Would let it run on the burbly rich side for a minute or two. Leaned it out a little bit. Cycled it back to the rich side. Holy Cow ! This engine is speaking my kind of language ! The highest r.p.m. it showed on the lean-side was 16,560. On the rich-side my tach showed 15,480 ! This little bomb has only had 4 ounces of fuel run through it so far...methinks that it will get even better.