Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

No swap meet stories?

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

No swap meet stories?

Old 11-13-2005, 07:54 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No swap meet stories?

BobHH, you make any record sales??...I still have 3 or 4 hats for crew joiners...dont tell me you found another TD .020 for $6!!...Rog
Old 11-13-2005, 09:48 AM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: No swap meet stories?

My Fellow C1/2aCers and others with whom I can share my most intimate secrets,

Alas, I have to admit that my greatest W-S swap meet acquisition was enough old Granite State/X-wing hinges to take care of my combat aileron needs for a year or so.

However, As I was leaving the auditorium I was approached by this incredibly attractive young woman. She asked me if I had the time - I replied that I had all the time that was necessary - and - well, I'm too much of a gentleman to say anything more.

Then I went to King R/C and spent more money than I had intended - as usually happens there. So many temptations! Sigh. Make that, heavy sigh.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:44 PM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Well I sold a few kits and got a few good deals. How about 1 Tee Dee .051, 1 Black Widow NIB, 3 Baby Bee .049's, 1 .049 car engine with mount and pull starter all working, 3 Sure Starts .049, 1 Pee Wee .020 all for $15.00!! I also picked up a throttle for a Tee Dee .049 that bolts arounf the cylinder and has a rotaing barrel made by Cox new in the package for a $1.00. But the best I found was an original DeBolt Pedigree kit NIB for $10.00 !! There were some other deals seen but passed on. You should have been there!!!!

Bob Harris
Early RC Models
www.earlyrcmodels.com
Old 11-13-2005, 04:02 PM
flyswatter

Bob:
You did great, but you should quit carrying guns to those swap meets! Either you are a great shopper or you are scaring the dickens out of the sellers! Next year I think I will send you a shopping list!
Old 11-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Deadstik
My Feedback: (8)

Roger,

Sorry.... nothing incredible to report.. bought a couple of things....but nothing like I usually do. Did get a complete set of Dave Platt Black Art videos.. which I've been trying to find for a while.. so I guess it was worth it. Back to the shop !!!

Dan
Old 11-13-2005, 05:27 PM
hfenn

Raymond, You had enough left for a heavy sigh?
Old 11-13-2005, 07:57 PM
fireman7875
My Feedback: (7)

Yeah, Rog, here's my swap meet story. A few days ago I was playing volleyball and cut my the cornea of my eye! "How", you ask... long story short I swung my left hand at the ball missed the ball and decided that my eyeball was the next best target! By the way, if you ever decide to stick your thumb in your eye at a high rate of speed let me advise you to clip your nails first... leaves a real bad cut!!! Oh yeah, did I mention that this happened at work?!? So there I am trying to finish out my shift at the fire station with my one "good" eye (which was recently downgraded to 20/40 at my last physical) and trying to convince everybody that I am not a wus just because I keep crying! Hey look, the tears are only coming from ONE eye! Anyway, four Dr. visits and three eyedrop prescriptions later, my eye Dr. decided that I had better things to do on Saturday morning than to go hang out with friends and waste $250 on airplane stuff and that I should give that money to him instead! So, needless to say, I missed the swap meet.[&o]

Oh well, at least I can see to type this little rant![&:] Hope all of you who went had heart burn... I mean fun!
Old 11-13-2005, 10:31 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Brian,so it cost you $250 to play volleyball at work, hmmmmmmmm hahaha sorry dude, I scratched a cornea while trying to adjust a contact in the rear view mirror back in the 80's and I think I recall offering my truck to the Dr to stop the pain..lesson learned Brian,,so looks like Bob scored and sounds like Deadstick found a prize ..the Raymond-James Bond bit I'm not sure of but if he "scored" way to go Ray!!...I got to get to KingRC one of these days, I hear its a real nice store..nobody saw Tim?...Rog
Old 11-14-2005, 10:50 AM
fireman7875
My Feedback: (7)

Make no mistake about it, I will play volleyball again but I may invest in some sports goggles. We use volleyball at work for our exercise time. Besides, it's more comedy than competition. If you have never seen a bunch of uncoordinated, unskilled firemen attempt to play volleyball, let me tell you it is a sight to behold! Gabrielle Reese we are not!
Old 11-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

fireman,

Dude sorry to hear about your eye...good thing eyes heal pretty good after something like that.

Rog,

I was MIA this time around. I am still getting stuff moved and plus I got a good bit of work done on my Snaggle Puss MkII. I got the fuse glassed and in primer and the wing glassed so just alittle more work and it should be ready for the air.

Later,
Tim
Old 11-22-2005, 05:19 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[:@]Brian! Dang dude, my eye watered up just thinking about that one.[X(] I figured I scored good enough localy so I left the deals on the table for Bob.
So Raymond, did you get seduced by said woman into checking the time in King? I missed something there Or did you drag her to the hobby shop so you could show her a good time?[8D]