Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

1000 Mah battery

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 07:39 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1000 Mah battery

Will only hold a charge for a week? this is based on the volt watch going from full charge green light to red light and the battery being sluggish but it only lasted 1 week and it has done it again..full charge then 4-5 days later and its all but dead.......not normal right?,,,l...Rog
Old 11-28-2005, 11:20 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1000 Mah battery

Is it a NiMH? They don't hold their charge as long as NiCad. They've got a higher internal resistance. However, they shouldn't go completely dead in a week. Is there something connected to them that's drawing a little bit, such as the voltwatch? Do you have a good cycler that will let you measure the capacity of the battery?
Old 11-28-2005, 02:24 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 1000 Mah battery

If it is doing this with no load, I'd throw it out. You could cycle it and check the capacity, but if it wont hold a charge, what more proof do you need?