Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Cox .049 Throttle Building

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Cox .049 Throttle Building

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2002, 07:39 AM
troytday
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cox .049 Throttle Building

Even to the gentleman who posted his idea of a throttled cox .049 befor my asking, has anyone a idea on building a throttled .049. If there is any replies about this, I will love to see them. I know there is away to throttle these little engines. I know of a few sites that tell you how to do this. If anyone has plans, drawings, etc we all are waiting to see. I am not the only 1/2 a flier using cox engines, but norvel is easier. I know one RCU user has something stashed away for a look at.

For some who have not seen a cool mod here is one. Well maybe we will see replys much cheaper and simple for the cox flyers family.

http://community-2.webtv.net/dongarry/TD049/
Old 11-17-2002, 08:19 AM
flyinrog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is this fuss about? Cox makes a throttled 049, I have one right here on my desk, dragonfly,teedee, no tank included,, I forgot the name of it but even so it,,,,,,,,,idles at 15,000 and full bore at 20,000 or something like that, I never flew it (yet) but its either that or a restrictor sleeve ,,,,both have been done, muffling is the problem with cox, Rog
Old 11-18-2002, 03:34 AM
r1morris

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ace use to sell a throttle sleeve for the Cox 049 and 051 engines. that worked didn't help the noise issue any.
I'll bet there are some guys out there with a few stuck away someplace.