Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

What type of model would you like to see as a kit for an .049 motor?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

What type of model would you like to see as a kit for an .049 motor?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 08:22 AM
spadalltheway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What type of model would you like to see as a kit for an .049 motor?

Well the heading describes it. Not neccesarily "a" model eg..phoenix scanner........i mean like
Pattern
Prop Jet
Aerobatic
Sport
Scale
Trainer
etc.......................

So reply away

P.S i am doing this so if i know if im going to go ahed with my pattern plane or you guys want something different!

Best Regards, Nathan
Old 12-29-2005, 12:11 PM
subarubrat
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: What type of model would you like to see as a kit for an .049 motor?

More ducted fan.

I have the Kamdax Mig, a Midwest A-4 updated with the Kamdax unit, modern materials, and radio. Both are great flyers. The radio and motor technology has finally arrived to make 1/2A DF a workable idea and it would be nice to see more kits and ARFs produced. I would love to see a twin fan plane like an F-15 or F-14.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:17 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: What type of model would you like to see as a kit for an .049 motor?

Bear in mind that with the vast number of parkflyer ARF's of all types that are available and easy to convert it's going to be hard to find a niche that has not been addressed allready.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:24 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I would like to see a built up, balsa stick, PIZZA BOX FLYER kitted for 1/2A! The most fun you can have with the least amount of work, they are incredible, even with just a stock reedy.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:12 PM
spadalltheway

Ok good one, any others you guys would like to see in 1/2a?
Old 12-29-2005, 10:26 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

The lack of the old Flyline line of built up light scale models is often mentioned in conjunction with a sigh. Something like that may find a limited and longer term success. Especially if the models were patterned after the originals that had some fun stunt flying aspects to them. Things like a Ryan STA, or Krier Great Lakes bipe or the Bucker Jungmann. I'm sure there's lots of others but kits of those sort would offer a welcome relief to the usual Sukios, Extras and other current offerings.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:38 AM
SST
My Feedback: (2)

Old timers really produced for R/C instead of having to be re-engineered by the modeller. Planes like the Quaker, Playboy senior, etc. A 48"-54" Swoose 3-channel on .061 for a relaxing afternoon...
Old 12-30-2005, 05:03 PM
redsplatter

I agree with BMatthews. Scale planes from yesteryear.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:19 PM
burtcs

Why not just re-issue plans for 1/2A models. It would be a lot cheaper and you won't be wasting precious balsa and cardboard boxes. Things like scale and sport/fun flyers (ie '50's, 60's and 70's stuff). I think the turf has pretty much reached saturation with all the electric/3D type stuff out there. The real pylon racers and pattern flyers will design and build their own. Is there really an event for 1/2A pattern?

Having said that, I would like to see a Midwest Hots 40 scaled down, that was a pretty sporty plane and looked kinda cool.

HTH - Steve B.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:39 PM
mnrcaerobat
My Feedback: (197)

I would like to see a nice little pattern plane. I have some ideas, but my cad/design experience is limited. If you posted plans, I would be happy to build one and help you make the mods necessary.