Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

dang ebay

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 02:45 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dang ebay

yeah I know its not 1/2a but I missed out on a whole setup of a .40 trainer, radio,buddy box, fully loaded power paneled field box ,chargers..........everything, .. I coulda traded some of this stuff for 1/2a stuff....it went for 227.50 and while I was entering 230.00 the auction "has ended", oh well I didnt really need to spend the money, just looked like a real good deal for a new guy in the spring....
Old 11-19-2002, 03:04 AM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dang ebay

i hate when i can't get my price in time. Bummer!!!!

were do you fly in B-town NC?
Old 11-19-2002, 08:58 AM
flyinrog

Default dang ebay

hey krayzc, I fly electrics in the schoolyard right now, we have a barqs? field south of town, and one west of me in Gibsonville, thats all I know of, I did belong to one south of town but it broke up they were kinda snobby , the guy from the hobby shop never showed up to train me, I saw him like twice, a few others actually helped me but , I lost interest from having to beg for help
and the .40 trainer was so big I was scared to death to fly it..I put that radio in a gas car, and started all over with the park flyer
Rog
Old 11-19-2002, 09:41 AM
krayzc-RCU

Default dang ebay

flyinrog

do you own g-2 that thing was wonders for me as i felt i was begging back in the day when i was calling instructors to help me fly. so g-2 and 3 days later i went to the field and said i can do this. and if i crash i will run out and buy the same plane and then call my instructor up. well 2-3 days later the intructor showed up while i was up in the air.... ooopssssss the rest is history. my wife is from burlington......
Old 11-19-2002, 10:41 AM
flyinrog

Default dang ebay

no I dont have it, money is tight and it was kinda either a real plane and motor or a sim, guess which one I'm covering with monokote? lol, tell her I said hey, I,m from the mall area (about a mile away)how about her? I was a kid when the mall was being built ,, you could see the Sears sign from the top of the "big tree" in the neighborhood... Rog
Old 11-19-2002, 11:33 AM
krayzc-RCU

Default dang ebay

she is class of 82 williamston i think is the school. I am presently out of the country in japan until next month, so i will be making my way to your area to see the family in early 03. well i won a bid i now have a 9' pool table off ebay he he now some of the house furniture has to go........

I didn't know you could put monocoat on a computer he he
Old 11-20-2002, 05:20 AM
prole
My Feedback: (3)

Default the beautiful Carolina's

Hey guys,

The prole here, could help but notice the NC chat going on. I'm a little east of you guys in Carrboro(Chapel Hill). When I first got into this I was a kid and my uncle had ski's on the plane he and I built. I'm back into it after a 10 year break and am really excited to not have to build any snow apparatus for this winter.

I'm in the same situation as flyinrog, I know that there are clubs around here but they are all so intimidating. I don't know what it is but I went to check it out and I was just terrified. I have a huge park right behind the house so I just hoof it down with my plane all set up and a cardboard box and go from there. Best part about that I guess is if I forget something I just stash my stuff in the trees and run home.

It would be great to get together this spring(sooner maybe) and trade tricks with the winters projects. I don't know anyone who does R/C in my nook and would kill for some help on my landings (I can only call them that because the land is what stops the planes forward inertia. )

What do you think?

As Always,
T
Old 11-20-2002, 07:08 AM
krayzc-RCU

Default dang ebay

rog,
That sounds Great! I know i have some projects that i will be doing my thing with both ARF and stick building kits. Again i have lost my mind on this Internet buying now that i know i am coming back to the Carolinas in Dec. Just over the past few months i have bought 2 planes from id pugsley on this site.

I have a DA Funtana stick build i have to do.
A Zen-50 ARF
A Creek Hobbies Extrra 330 just arrived last week
My 1st/work on 2 planes at one time will the the funtana and the creek hobbies deal. That G-2 realflight helps to get over those jitters that going around other flyer's brings. you can make all the flying/mistakes and only you will see it. as far as landings for me i found it best to not rush the landing, henceforth i let the plane settle down on its on. I control the throttle to make sure i reach the flight line but if room permits i find it easy to take a nice long approach letting it settle in. I usually have my CG set up as such that i don't need to touch the elevator until the plane is about 5 feet from the ground then i still only need a small amount of input. Have you ever flown a fun fly? Now that is a very forgiven plane it can also teach bad habits but its very forgiven in stick movements. I usually keep 1-3 beater fun flys around. Do you have any 40-46 sized motors lying around? If so i will donate one of my beaters to the cause! Right now i have 2 if i remember correctly, its been a while since i seen my planes as this has been a 1 year tour for me over here in Japan i have a morris fun fly over here with an os-91 4 stroke on her. yeah that is a huge motor its a corvette on steroids. sometimes i lke to hang a plane on the prop. I am gearing toward starting to practice IMAC in 03 as i feel this may be the route i would like to take my flying to. I will know more once i enter my 1st basic contest and take it from there. Usually at a club everyone meets around a certain time. For my old club it was the afternoon so i use to go in the mornings and i had the field to myself to work out the bumps and bruises, but i feel G-2 really helps the fingers to eyes better than real flying since i would not actually be tearing up any planes on the crashes of trying different stick movements like stall turns, snap rolls, inverted flight, ect... Man i am known to be a talker let me shut up for now talk with you soon Gerald
Old 11-20-2002, 10:46 AM
flyinrog

Default hey guys

sounds like a plan for the spring to me, since you already have a field maybe we could meet up there ? dont know if I can help with the landings I know my park flyer and my glow are gonna be a world different to handle, my foam stick just kinda floats on in, but I still practice so its gotta help......cool
Rog
ps Krayzc is out of the country at the moment coming home early next year I think and I'm not real outdoorsy when it comes to winter time, unless its cutting firewood
Old 11-20-2002, 10:52 AM
krayzc-RCU

Default tie a yellow ribbon around the old oak tree!

you all would love the field we have in Greenville, its only has 11 members and i am known to have the field many, many times all to myself. I am the type that will fly 5-6 times a week when day light savings time is in place. I can usually only fly on the weekend once the clocks are rolled back. we fly on four acres of grass with about 50-75 acreas of cleared land. The runway is grass and the runway is so very flat and well maintained by the guy who cuts our grass. Man it Great! I would love to have you all down to get some with me!!!!!!

PS mid to late Dec i am out of here
Old 11-20-2002, 04:31 PM
prole
My Feedback: (3)

Default looks like G-ville it is

Krayzc and flyingrog,

That really sounds great.

as far as the field, I have the gift of convenience, if you get stricken with the unbearable need to relieve yourself, I got a bathroom in less that one hundred paces.

I guess I'm kinda more into the Greenville idea. I would really like to overcome my fears of organized flight and I think if I knew someone who was in the group and had a few safe people it would be less scary.

And the actual field sounds by far the best!!

But hey, this hopefully won't be a one time thing, we can all make the tour, I got nothing against the school yard as long as you guys are into the backyard park.

We should all swap email, I'll pm the both of you mine, flyinrog-I got yours right?

As Always,
T

Krayzc - Man, was in Japan for three weeks when my band went over there and I was not really into it. I'm a pretty strict vegetarian and I had a really hard time eating. The one thing that really stuck out is that the best record stores in the whole world are in Japan, it's crazy, you can get almost anything.

What are you doing there, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 11-21-2002, 10:22 AM
krayzc-RCU

Default a pic is worth 1000 ????

What are you doing there, if you don't mind me asking?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	36821_6320.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	23017