Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Ace Simple extra 230

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Ace Simple extra 230

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 01:34 AM
kirtdog
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ace Simple extra 230

I got this in a trade and am debating on whether or not to finish it. I don't have the plans or the linkages and my plane building experience is very limited. When I made the trade, I was told that all I would have to do is drop in the electronics and go. That was not the case.

The problem is that it is partially assembled and some of the parts are missing. Also, I am not sure how to mount the engine on this plane. Does anyone out there have a set of the plans or some good close up pics that could help me out. I don't have the linkages so I will have to make my own but I am not sure how they are supposed to be run. I also need some ideas on electronics placement. Any help would be appreciated. Pics of what I have are attached.

If someone would be interested in trading for this, I would consider trading for something that would be easier for me to finish with my limited building experience. I would want to keep my engine.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm34945.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	386635   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20953.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	386636   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qw56868.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	386637   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fz74784.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	386638  
Old 01-13-2006, 10:10 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ace Simple extra 230

I have a set somewhere, and could probably copy them for you, may take a few days,,looks like someone did a nice covering job,,the engine mounts to the formers on the front of the build should be a flat plywood mount that you cut out for a specific engine,,your TT .07 is a nice choice for that plane ...Rog

ooops nevermind, I see that the front was built for the TT .07 so you use the 3 mounting lugs on the backplate of the engine to mount it,make sure you dont go through the firewall and into the tank...the 2 holes should be for the fuel lines to come out of ..is the tank in there yet, if not you need a 1 or 2 oz tank

ok edited one more time,,this isnt going to be your first flying plane ..right?? cause thats not a beginner plane...
Old 01-13-2006, 10:22 AM
flyinrog

For your linkages look up Bipes 1/2a trainer and Ptulmers DNU both describe and use the basic design of the ACE simple series aileron linkages...
Old 01-13-2006, 12:43 PM
kirtdog

thanks flyin rog. This isn't my first plane but I haven't flown one for a while. I will probably have one of the older guys at the field fly it for me before I try it. The tank isn't in yet. I have to go get one if I decide to keep the plane.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:22 PM
kirtdog

For those of you who don't know it, flyinrog is a great person. He has given me a lot of advice and help. Thanks again!!! I appreciate everything you did.

kdog
Old 01-20-2006, 07:57 AM
flyinrog

Thanks man, its not me its this forum, I've gotten so much stuff,help,advice from these guys in the last few years that I almost sound like I know what I'm talkin about.....still that wing concerns me,,cant see just how to join them together with the plane as built up as it already is?? A lot of the strength of the wing is in the strapping tape holding them together, I guess you could dowel them and epoxy them together inside the plane...is the cockpit assembly glued in or just sitting there? well you'll see when you get the instructions I sent....anybody else have an idea about the wing joining?..Rog
Old 01-20-2006, 10:50 AM
mnrcaerobat
My Feedback: (197)

I may be interested in trading for this plane. I have a sig hummer and a Lanier Stinger that I would be willing to trade. I also have a HOB Stick if you are interested. PM me if you want more details.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:02 PM
kirtdog

flyinrog...got the plans today...thanks. I see what you are talking about on the wing...I think this plane would be better suited for someone with more advance building skills.

mnrc...sent you a pm. let's talk.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:59 PM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys, I realize this is a really old thread but thought I would try here anyway.
Ive got a flying buddy of mine who won one of these Ace Extra 230 kits at the Christmas party. The problem is there is no instructions or plans in the box but everything else apprears to be there.
It has the foam wings . Could I pay someone to make me a copy of their plans and I will then make my friend happy as he is wanting to build this over the winter.
As far as engines, would an older bushing type OS 10FP be too much for this plane?
Any help would be appreciated!!!
John