Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

K&B .18 Aero / JR16BBA / Kyosho GT .16

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

K&B .18 Aero / JR16BBA / Kyosho GT .16

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 01:28 AM
digger.10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&B .18 Aero / JR16BBA / Kyosho GT .16

How similar are these engines?

I have both the JR and the Kyosho, the Kyosho is no longer made but I have been told by both JR and Kyosho that all internal parts are identical. For all practical purposes the same engine.

So how about the K&B? Is it just a bored-up version of these?From all external appearances it's just like it's smaller cousins...what I'm wondering is if a piston/liner from the K&B .18 will go into the .16 version.

Thanks
Old 11-25-2002, 04:16 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The K&B is the Toki engine. They assembled a few from parts they got from Japan, they were supposed to get the US distributorship, but they did not. I doubt if anything is compatable with a Kyosho engine...
Old 11-25-2002, 08:57 AM
digger.10

Thanks, EASYTIGER, I didn't know it originated from Toki, maybe I'll try searching that...

I wouldn't have thought the Kyosho and JR engines would be identical either but they are exact twins, and from all the photos of the .18 aero I've seen it is a third pea in the pod, except for displacement...

I'm trying to find a pic of the JR, when you see you'll understand what I mean...
Old 11-25-2002, 12:48 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

You know...it IS possible. I beleive Toki makes all the HPI engines...totally possible they make the Kyosho, too...since you are in Japan, you might have an easier time researching this. They play their cards very close to their chests about this kind of thing, though. They all like to say that they make their own engines, when they are actually buying them from elsewhere. You COULD be right.
Old 11-25-2002, 03:51 PM
philfun
My Feedback: (58)

Default KB .18

Hello,

Do you know if the K&B .18 is available ?

Anyone used it already ? Any comments

THANKS

Phil
Old 11-25-2002, 11:35 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

I don't know if K&B has any. I have used the engine quite extensively in the Tokifan ducted fan unit, in a pull start version, it's just great, just great. Don't think it was made for a prop, not sure if it would perform the same at all.
But you can get the Toki engine from MRC.