Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Hey, anybody got..

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 10:49 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey, anybody got..

well a few things, I need about a square foot of black mono,ultra,somekinda, cote covering,,and I checked in RCU selling forums for a golden bee,,or 2 at a fair price, can PM me with a price for any and all of the above...Rog
Old 01-31-2006, 04:35 PM
Deadstik
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Hey, anybody got..

Roger,

Will have to check on the Monokote.....does it HAVE to be black???? I don't have any Golden Bees... but I do have a Baby Bee and a tank extender you are welcome to.... let me know.

Deadstik
Old 01-31-2006, 08:01 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rog, just a square foot? PM your address if Black Baron is ok. It goes down GREAT as trim, but sucks otherwise.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:38 PM
flyinrog

Deadstick thanks I'll keep watching thebay
..Patrick yeah it is just for trim thanks pm coming...Rog
Old 01-31-2006, 09:45 PM
ptulmer

Rog, if I'm not mistaken, what Deadstik is offering is the same as a Golden Bee. I've got an extra 8cc tank you can stick right onto that Babe Bee and then get Tim to do his magic. Instant "Golden Bee". Since I'm already sticking the covering in the mail tomorrow... I've got some Babe Bee's here too. (they're too big to make tie tacks)
Actually, the tank extender will work without leaking if you go to the auto parts store and pick up a small bottle of Permatex Aircraft gasket maker. Good stuff, will seal around the extender if you apply it carefully before bolting it together.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:48 PM
mclintock
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got a proper golden bee- sent you a pm. I think my cylinder is wrong on it though, it's supposed to be single bypass?
I guess you are after a stunt tank and the golden color?
Old 01-31-2006, 09:58 PM
ptulmer

Clint, I "think" the venturi is smaller than the black widow and they're single bypass. Basically, it's a Babe Bee with the 8cc tank. At least, the one I ebayed the other day was. (sorry Rog!) Stunt tank. Is that the metal tank with the opposing vents?
Old 01-31-2006, 10:18 PM
mclintock

The stunt tank is the one with the vent top and bottom, so you can fly upside down without the fuel coming out of the rear plate nipples, which aren't there if fitted with a stunt tank.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:15 AM
ptulmer

I guess that particular feature is for control line when the pickup is on the side? Hey, neat! You could do inverted c/l flight! Huh, I've got sooo much to learn.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:48 AM
mclintock

Heck yeah baby, inverted cl! That's how you get un-dizzy, just go the other way for a few turns.. just gotta remember down is up.
I'm sure you noted that nearly all control line planes either have flat plate wings or symmetric, seldom flat bottom or clark Y.

Well except for the plastic cox things, with scooped plastic undercambered wings.. but they don't have stunt tanks either.. those don't count..
Old 02-02-2006, 10:00 AM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ptulmer,

Actually, you can go anywhere in the hemisphere created by the length of your lines. For combat, the guys chase each other everywhere. For stunt, the quest is for five foot radius square maneuvers. Actually a five foot radius would have to be completed in milliseconds considering the length of the lines and the speed of the aircraft...but it's something to shoot for.

Notice I say hemisphere, because the lower half of the sphere is off-limits, but some of us occasionally try anyway.

George
Old 02-02-2006, 06:04 PM
build light

Quote by George:
"Notice I say hemisphere, because the lower half of the sphere is off-limits, but some of us occasionally try anyway."

I don't think I ever really knew the other half was off-limits. That explains a lot of the problems I was having in U/C long ago. I thought the ground was just getting in my way !

Those were some fun times for sure. That and having your fingers hurt because they were so cold from the wet fuel and such. Then having those already sensitive fingers whacked real good and proper when a motor kicked back[:@] !!!

Robert
Old 02-04-2006, 06:19 PM
flyinrog

Patrick, got the covering thanks, it is thick! is it low or high temp stuff? never used black baron before, but yeah it is just for trim,, McClintock and I did a swap for a golden bee, may still need another one though....Rog
Old 02-05-2006, 04:21 PM
lildiesel

ORIGINAL: ptulmer

Clint, I "think" the venturi is smaller than the black widow and they're single bypass. Basically, it's a Babe Bee with the 8cc tank. At least, the one I ebayed the other day was. (sorry Rog!) Stunt tank. Is that the metal tank with the opposing vents?
I bought Golden Bee with a throttle ring about 1972. Much to my suprise when I took ring off it was a double bypass. I suppose that was to help out with the power shortage created the exhaust restrictor throttle. The engine went into a well worn PT 19 and did allow for some extra inverted time at the top of a loop before lift turned into downforce.

And no, I'm keeping this one to use in my son's first CL plane this summer or next.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:00 PM
mclintock

I was susprised at how peppy and easy to finger start the golden bee was after I put the right cylinder back on and cleaned the dried fuel from the tank, put new reed on, gaskets etc.. This one I bought along with a medallion from the same guy, and he had swapped the jugs, so my (rog's) golden bee had a throttle ring double bypass on it too! Until I took it back off anyway. I believe that throttled cylinder came off the medallion, as they were sold like that.

I was especially impressed about how non-sensitive the needle setting was for the freshened-up golden bee to maintian a smooth run.
Something about the small venturi I guess. It makes me wonder how a texaco compares.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:08 PM
lildiesel

It's stuff like this that makes me wish there was a comprehensive history of Cox engines with explanations of what the designers thought they were going for with each change and exactly what some features were on engines I only looked over at the hobbyshop!

For instance, I've long wondered what the "synchro pilot throttle" was exactly on the Pee Wee powered Ryan ST-3 that pre-dates the .020 restrictor ring thottled Pee Wee of the very late 70s. The box showed a three line control handle with a trigger! Was there spring return throttling on that Pee Wee or was it just third line for releasing the plane from a hold down tether so you could fly alone? Back then I was a teen and couldn't afford to buy one to find out and had a had a .020 powere profile Lil' Wizzard to fly off the patio in back of the house.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:04 AM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's a start:

http://www.mh-aerotools.de/airfoils/cox_frameset.htm

George