Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

He's back, he's back!!

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

He's back, he's back!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 03:49 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default He's back, he's back!!

After much too long a time, Martin Hepperle's back online after being knocked off by internet lawyer scumbags. Take a look at http://www.mh-aerotools.de/airfoils/cox_frameset.htm for the best online Cox history info & pix around. After you've looked around there, go back and look at his other engineering & racing info. Here's a guy what knows his stuff!

Hey Brian, if you're reading this, take a chance, click on the above link....go ahead, make my day!
Old 12-03-2002, 07:04 PM
2fast4u
My Feedback: (5)

Wow, that's a lot of info in one spot. I guess your bouncing around like a kid in a toy store. Great history on Cox for sure.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:56 PM
johnvb-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Brilliant site!!
Old 12-04-2002, 07:48 AM
fastlash
My Feedback: (7)

Default Site

Dickeybird your evil, turning this site on to us Norvel lovers, not only did I crap my pants but I burned up a whole evening reading all the info ( made me feel stupied) I almost thought about buying another Tee Dee, but then I got into tailless wing design, and the thought was relieved, nice try at trying to convert us!!! Beware fellows this site is addicting!!! follow Dickybirds link at yout own risk?? ( you could end up with a COX)
Old 12-04-2002, 08:30 AM
CaptKAOS

I have 3 Cox engines if ya get the urge........ :}
Old 12-04-2002, 01:26 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Default Re: Site

Originally posted by fastlash
(made me feel stupied)
Yup, a very good website indeed....I love it.

Talk about feeling stupid though, Martin is GERMAN, writes & speaks english better than most of us, has an untold depth of engineering knowledge, knows more about and has more Cox stuff than anybody, writes in a very understandable layman's language and is a nice guy to boot! Makes me feel sorta inadequate.
Old 12-04-2002, 01:26 PM
bcapo

Milton,
I have been to this site before. I have actually had several conversations withthis guy He is in Germany. We have made some trades for cox parts,He needed the original red venturi housing for a tee dee 020 and I needed an 020 throttle sleeve for the 020 . I put that on that little green fun fly wow, what great throttle response and transition.
Thanks for the heads up on the link. I will be selling some of my cox motors as I am converting the small flyers to electric now that the li-polys are light ,high powered and financially obtainable.
Be well, and hope to see you at the feild soon.
Brian
Old 12-04-2002, 05:04 PM
prole
My Feedback: (3)

Default Thanks Dickeybird

!!!WOW!!!

Thank you soo much Dickeybird, as a fellow Cox-head I've been looking for a site with info like that forever.

That one will definitely go in the "favorites"

...and maybe it will keep me from asking you guys all of these simple/stupid/obvious Cox questions all the time,

Oh and on that note, thanks for the link to your very informative descriptions of the abbreviated Cox lineage.
Old 12-04-2002, 05:15 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Default Re: Thanks Dickeybird

Originally posted by prole
!!!WOW!!!

Thank you soo much Dickeybird, as a fellow Cox-head
Actually prole, the correct terminology is "Cox-a-holic" and the motto of us Lifetime Golden Bee members of Cox-a-holics Anonymous is: "He who dies with the most good Cox engines wins!"

And you're very welcome....my pleasure!
Old 12-04-2002, 08:02 PM
fastlash

Default Still Dead

Doesn't win, cause his wife sells his stuff for next to nothing, to the real winner, the guy that gets all your stuff for a penny on the dollar, Better of Red (norvel) than dead,
Old 12-05-2002, 02:10 AM
prole

Default Cox-a-holics

Dickeybird,

Originally posted by Dickeybird

Actually prole, the correct terminology is "Cox-a-holic"

and a proud Cox-a-holic I'll be, this will be the one addiction I won't have to kick, but when are the meetings, will you be my sponsor?

What are the 12 steps?

1. Admitting that we are powerless to turning down a pretty Golden Bee, or TD weather it be by auction, by RC Booth at the local show or at our favorite hobby shops.

2. Asking God to relieve us of the addiction to Cox glow heads and those cool little metal squirt cans of Cox Power Fuel.

I guess the real question is how many do I need to be in?
Old 12-05-2002, 09:34 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Default Re: Cox-a-holics

a proud Cox-a-holic I'll be, this will be the one addiction I won't have to kick, but when are the meetings, will you be my sponsor?
I guess the real question is how many do I need to be in?
The best meetings to attend are at any of the S.M.A.L.L. events. The Inter-Galactic Cox-a-holic Supreme Guru Conferences are held at the S.M.A.L.L. Steps Fly-In in Little Rock, AR each June. Yes, I will be happy to sponsor you!
Old 12-05-2002, 11:03 PM
2fast4u
My Feedback: (5)

Even though I fly Norvel, I used to help CD the SMALL event when it was held at our field for 3 years running. If you like this site posted by DICKEYBIRD, then you sure need to be in Little Rock for the first or second weekend in June for the Small Model Airplane Lovers League (SMALL Steps) get together. Yall come on.
Old 12-05-2002, 11:22 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Originally posted by 2fast4u
Even though I fly Norvel, I used to help CD the SMALL event
C'mon 2fast, you're gonna make these guys think that only Cox stuff is allowed at the S.M.A.L.L. events. As you know, ANYTHING up to .26 cu. in. is allowed, even Norvels.

Seriously, anybody that likes the little stuff oughta' try to get there at least once to experience it. I wish they would put on 2 events each year instead of only 1.
Old 12-06-2002, 01:57 AM
prole

Default Arkansas or Bust!!!!

You know Dickeybird, before I found this site I had no idea there were people like the lot of you out there, and now I'm entertaining the thought of driving from Eastern NC to Little Rock.

It's FAAAAAAR, like 18 hours, but you know I bet it would be a killer road trip.

Is there a S.M.A.L.L. website or someplace I could read up on some of the details, I would love to check it out and it's not like I haven't got the time to plan it out.

It sure is Tempting!
Old 12-06-2002, 03:39 AM
fastlash

Default S.M.A.L.L

I would love to go to one but my car is cox powered and not norvel powered, so I would have to stop to many times to reset the rod ball!! (yes I own the tool)
Old 12-06-2002, 05:31 AM
troytday
My Feedback: (1)

Default THE LOVE OF REED POWER

I will give this two hands up Dickeybird, and no thumbs down on the site. I have many Cox engines. The short list .049 Black Widow, .049 Golden Bee, .049 Product Engine, and a Cox Queen Bee .074, and parts to build a few to many more. I love the cox engines, they are very sweet after a good breaking in on the engines. If broke in right they will fire on a first try, or a couple of tries with a little ajustment on the needle. Normally about an 1/8th turn if the needle is set correctly. They are very lightweight, more power for there mighty little sizes. Well all 1/2A flight is exellent and that is why we all are here. About the site one last time. There is no better web site than this for the knowledge.
Old 12-06-2002, 01:46 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Default Re: Arkansas or Bust!!!!

Is there a S.M.A.L.L. website or someplace I could read up on some of the details,
Here's a couple:
http://www.nlrskytigers.org/
http://members.aol.com/SMALLnet2001/ (This one by Mike Gillihan of "Designs That Fly" is on 2001's event and has some good pictures)

Flying Models mag.'s Frank Fanelli covers the event every year and the article is in the October issue. The article has been in at least the last 4 or 5 yr.'s issues.

Just keep clickin' on pictures and the upcoming events links and I think you'll find enough stuff to pique your interest!

There are 2 fellas that load their .020/.049 biplanes in styrofoam boxes and fly in via airline from San Francisco! People from all over including Henry Pasquet (the tiny C02 powered airplane builder) show up. The 2003 event is held on May 30/31 & June 1 and I'm sure it will be another great one.
Old 12-06-2002, 07:14 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Default Re: Arkansas or Bust!!!!

It's FAAAAAAR, like 18 hours, but you know I bet it would be a killer road trip.
I forgot about this earlier....as far as I know, there will another S.M.A.L.L. event in Tullahoma, TN again next year. It's southeast of Nashville, TN and probably 5 or 6 hrs. closer to you. Wifey & I went to the 1st one this past August and had a great time. It wasn't as big as the Little Rock event but the Coffee Airfoilers club was very hospitable and promised to do another one in '03; maybe later in the year so it won't be so hot.

I really liked their event & location since they have a paved runway and a very nice facility. The "Stealth Camel" likes paved runways and the "Twin Lizzie 2" won their pilot's choice award; a Jim Ryan sp400 Corsair. They also raffled off a pile of other good stuff. I'm planning on going back next year and hopefully some of the other locals will go as well.