Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Did anybody score at Perry? (I didn't!)

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Did anybody score at Perry? (I didn't!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 11:07 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did anybody score at Perry? (I didn't!)

I did get to meet Steve, (Lomcevak Duck) Real nice guy! And there was this fella that came by the table a couple of times (and I coulda swore that I met him last year too) after I gave him the "hard sell" and ended up practically GIVING him some plans and blink kits, he finally introduces himself. So I got to meet Wayne (N925WB). Another really nice guy. All-in-all, the visits from the fellers here on the forum really kept my spirits up. I came down with a nasty cold Thursday night and was pretty much miserable the whole time. I still feel bad about standing Raymond up for breakfast.[X(] Sorry dude, really.
I found a NIB TD .010 for fifty bucks from a Cox collector. No really outrageously good deals. I guess my "score" at the Southeastern Model Show was getting to meet some of our friends here on the forum and seeing some of the Carolina Crew. No, I don't "guess it"! There's no doubt! Thanks guys!
Old 03-04-2006, 11:24 PM
hfenn

Default RE: Did anybody score at Perry? (I didn't!)

I scored a really nice new short kit of a delta wing model called a Blink! Thanks Patrick! Other than that, the stuff (which was not a lot compared to previous years) from my table moved real slow, real late, real cheap. My swap meet economic index indicators say the US economy is currently depressed. Other than that, I had a great time with great friends too numerous to mention.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:37 AM
Sky Dart1
My Feedback: (6)

I had a ton of fun. OUr stuff didn't move until pretty late either, but it went for all that I wanted out of it. I scored a mostly built Top Flight Sea Fury already galssed primed and sanded for 20 bucks, then sold it for $30. I do that kind of stuff a lot down there. I got a NIB Diamond Dust kit from Hodges for $35. The plane I worked on all weekend and finnaly got at the very end was a brand new H9 Mustang 1.50 for $400. My OS 1.60 needed a good home. I managed to snag a H9 P-40 ARF for $190 and a GP Tiger Moth for $245 for my dad. Had a great time, but I think the crowd was definately down this year, and the ones who were there wanted to look and not buy.
-Steve
Old 03-05-2006, 08:13 PM
flyswatter

I enjoyed myself and did alright. I sold everything I carried to Perry for sale (4 planes and 4 kits). Did not make any money off what I sold, but didn't lose any either. I bought an OS120FS, 049 Brodak, 2 MG digital servos for the big boys, 3 minis and a few miscellaneous things and took a little money home. My biggest "wins" were the additional space I now have in my hobby room and meeting the fellows that came by the tables!
Old 03-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

My best "score" was at a Shoney's on the way back home - pecan cobbler with vanilla ice cream. I've never heard of pecan cobbler before. I give it a two thumbs up.

As for purchases, I bought ten Louis L'amour novels for $4. I think I will finish my Blink in authentic five-colour camouflage. Thanks PT - itsa cool design - but I think I might have to put a substantial launching/landing skid on the bottom.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:56 PM
N925WB
My Feedback: (56)

PT - Thanks for the kind words. I'm totally stoked about the kits and plans. My buddy and I are hoping to build the Blinks and raise some serious h-e-double-hockey-sticks at the field!

I may not have scored anything truly 1/2A at Perry, but did go home with some NIB kits and ARF's: Sig Sun Dancer 50 for $195, Sig Mayhem 3D for $135, Sig 1/6-scale Cub kit $Cough![X(], Clancy Stagger Bee kit for $Cough![X(], a .15-sized kit called the Crazy Thing(?) for $Cough![X(], and the daddy of 'em all... a brand new in the box Sterling Ringmaster ARF (well thechnically it's an ARC) for $Cough![X(]. I also picked up some CA hinges from Radio South, a CC T-Bird 9, and a Berg 4L receiver from Radical R/C.

This was my first time at Perry, and if I'm still this close next year, I'll definitely go again. I was a little disapointed with the stuff for sale. I would have liked to have seen less big vendors and more guys with kits and such. I think there was a beat-up Funtana .40 on every other table!!![:'(]

Saturday afternoon we went to the local Wally-World in Perry and I found a digital camera for $15!!! It's super small and light and I'm hoping to use it for AP in my Slow Stick.

We ended up staying Sunday night in Perry and went to the new Georgia Aquarium yesterday afternoon. $40 to get in, $12 to park, $15 for lunch, and not a single airplane! What a rip off!!!

-Wayne