Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Current status of NORVEL engines

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Current status of NORVEL engines

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 09:59 AM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Current status of NORVEL engines

Many of us have noticed that NORVEL engines are getting harder to find and that some parts are not available. I've also seen posts that NORVEL engines are being discontinued (probably due to the NORVEL site not being operational). Rather than rely on rumor, conjecture or bad information, I wrote SIG asking about the current status of NORVEL and received a very prompt reply from Justin Van Dee. With his permission, I'm posting his response --

************************************************** *********************************

NORVEL is NOT going out of business first off.

The Norvel plant has moved to a new location within the last few months which has not helped me in getting engines and parts out of Russia. On top of that the previous importer was involved with his new business that he kind of slacked off when it came to Norvel. He knew this and since then has asked if SIG Manufacturing would like to take over.

SIG Manufacturing is now talking with Norvel and will be the importer from now on. They had a few engines and parts already made before they made the plant move so once we get all the ducks lined up and get the ball rolling we should be able to fill the Norvel needs again. It will be a couple months before they start rolling in.

So, stick with us on this transition and things will get back to normal. Infact we are close to getting them to make some of the .049 engines again which where dropped by the past importer.

Best Regards,
Justin Van Dee
Norvel Tech
SIG Mfg.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:53 AM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Current status of NORVEL engines

Boy this is good news! I was afraid I'd have to convert all of my future small model efforts to electrics.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:29 PM
N925WB
My Feedback: (56)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good news, indeed!

-Wayne
Old 05-22-2006, 12:43 PM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've received a reply from Justin Van Dee (SIG's engine tech) that NORVEL engines are back in production. Maybe some of those empty shopping carts can be filled now.

I have also noticed that SIG is not showing dealer network pricing any longer -- any of you guys know how long this has been in effect??
Old 05-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Andrew

<<snip>>
I have also noticed that SIG is not showing dealer network pricing any longer -- any of you guys know how long this has been in effect??
If memory serves, I noticed this within the last two weeks.

Dave Olson