Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

New Aero Ace Jet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 11:16 PM
propbuster
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Aero Ace Jet?

A fond hello to all my fellow AAA's! (Aero Ace Addicts) After hearing the rumors about a new Aero Ace plane I did a little digging around and found this. It's a "comming soon" tease from an Aero Ace ad in Backyard Flyer. If It's got the same guts in it as the original, it may be worth checking out! Also, Ray and Rog, after re-reading a couple of posts and looking on the box my AA came in, it seems that I have the same plane on channel B as Raymond. Not to worry though, I'll just buy another one on channel C so we can all buzzz around in May like rabid dragonflies together! Prop.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78230.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	440774  
Old 04-08-2006, 12:17 AM
Captain_Nifty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Aero Ace Jet?

rabid dragonfly... ROFL, yet another way to describe small RC!!
Prop you rule
Old 04-08-2006, 06:27 AM
subarubrat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got excited for a moment, thinking about a micro EDF setup on a nice light airframe that actually flew as well as the other Aero Aces. I was thinking of all the great airframes that could be made for that electronics package. Then I saw the props..................
Old 04-08-2006, 03:11 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Two props. BAH!
Old 04-08-2006, 04:05 PM
subarubrat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was even thinking of a C5-A Galaxy with two plane's systems on the same channel so you could fly four engines.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:46 PM
mclintock
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They must be in stores soon, the tv commercial for the new AA aired saturday on nick.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:03 PM
propbuster

I want to be the first kid on my block to have one! Looking at the pic, The two props sticking mid way through the "wing" makes me hope that it's got the same electonics as the original. With any luck, it will out perform the first with less of the porpoising. I was also thinking of taking the guts out of one and putting it in a really small foam core delta too.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:56 AM
Cobalt Saber

ohhhh ahhhhhhh I will have to get one of those.I am glad it comes out the second week in May rather than the third :P
I will have to get one before I have surgery. That is going to be so cool! I wonder what mods we could do to the jet *ponders for a while*

-Cobalt Saber
Old 04-10-2006, 03:06 PM
Cobalt Saber

I wonder how this plane will handle? Is it fast? I SURE HOPE SO!!!
This plane will rule my sky!!
Old 04-10-2006, 06:51 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Oh, yeah. Very fast. 175mph out of a dive, probably.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:13 AM
Cobalt Saber

sweet.....
Old 04-11-2006, 10:11 AM
adaptabl

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

Oh, yeah. Very fast. 175mph out of a dive, probably.

Is that with or without the afterburner?

Old 04-11-2006, 11:21 AM
Cobalt Saber

It has an afterburner?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
DUDE!!!!!!
THIS PLANE IS COOL!!!!
Old 07-25-2006, 11:46 PM
kirbdog1

Got two of the new jets at Target. Fly awesome, more powerful engines (or maybe batteries). Better construction, flys faster, climbs faster, turns quickly but not as tight as the biplanes which are slower but more maneuverable. May buy a third and have 3 jets, and 3 biplanes!
Old 07-26-2006, 01:50 PM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Propbuster,

I have acquired an "A" Aero Ace biplane. So we can get a full complement of the little buzzers up together. I even have a FLAK capability worked out that would allow a ground crew to participate.

The reason I bought another bipe was for it to sacrifice its innards in the cause of an F5F Skyrocket out of 1/32 and 1/16 balsa. If it works I'd like to produce one in Blackhawk colors. I have some tiny tractor props (I think I got them through Colud9) that might work. But even if I had to leave it in a pusher configuration it'd look OK once in the air (I think). Wouldn't that be cool?
Old 07-26-2006, 02:15 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

If you swapped the sides, wouldn't it be right for tractor? What's FLAK?
Old 07-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Getting the tractor to work right with the Aero Ace is a little complicated according to the information I've found on the Cloud9 E-zine. But I don't think I'll try that for my first 'scratch' effort. I will probably just try for a good match of weight and wing area.

As for FLAK (which is Deutschey-sprecken for Fluggen Lotsa Aeroluft du Krappen - as everyone knows) in this case it comes in the form of 3 or 4-inch Nerf 'darts' that we launch at the AAs as the naughty pilot aims to 'buzz' the shooter. Don't be alarmed (and don't turn me into the AMA - I'll deny everything). These Nerf missiles and the launch mechanism are like totally wimpy, wimpy, wimpy dude. The "gun" is a tiny pump-up job and a good shot may carry ten feet if you aim up 45-degrees. No harm could possibly come to the AAs and no harm has come to me when I was repeatably attacked (accidently of course) by a certain fireman who shall remain nameless (no, not Brian but one of his unfortunate converts).
Old 11-19-2006, 08:06 AM
propbuster

I just got back from the coast where I finally found one of the "jets" ($29 at Wally World). I did the transmitter mods last nite and will test fly it just as soon as it warms up a little out side this morning!
Old 11-20-2006, 03:26 PM
propbuster

Okay, The results are in. The Aero Ace Jet is a great version of the original Bipe! Superior to the Bipe in my opinion, as it seems to handle the wind better, less porposeing and more speed. I flew it in a pretty good breeze and was able to get it to almost hover! Wing-overs were easy and I got it to loop twice so far! Wasn't able to do that with the Bipe. I think the larger wing area is the key to the loop as I can get it to a stall, kill the power, go full throttle in the dive and then at the top of the climb and point of stall, the wind will push it over on it's back. I just hope the angry wind Gods don't take this one away like they did my old Bipe!
Old 11-28-2006, 08:59 AM
ptulmer

OK, I've had enough of you guys having all the fun. I've got the bipe and the jet now. Did you guys put the stickers on? I've flown the bipe and it porpoises like h*ll everywhere. (stickers would make that worse?) Put a screw in the front without much success. How much weight should go up there?

What exactly is the purpose behind the transmitter (diode?) mod? This little transmitter seems very nice. Couldn't ask much more out of it!
Old 11-28-2006, 09:24 AM
flyinrog

Hey Pt, the best thing is to take the Tx apart from the throttle side and take that dang spring of that stick then you can find the spot where it wont porpoise, thats how it gains altitude, you shouldnt need nose weight and the spring is too strong to hold like you could hands off,,but its still a blast aint it?[sm=bananahead.gif]...Rog
Old 11-28-2006, 10:35 AM
ptulmer

Oh man, it was dark when I finally got home. (wayyyyy past dark, well into night) I had to go down to the garage to work on some kits. Turned on the floods and flew around the backyard. I was amazed at the small area it would fly in, but it's dam* hard to trim! The spring trick should be a good one. Part of the problem was keeping a steady throttle. I only had about five minutes of tossing before it was time to work, but that was a huge tension release.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:38 PM
propbuster

Pt, You need to do the Diode Mod to have turning capability with the throttle closed. It's really easy, here's the link to it in another forum http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9&page=5&pp=15 Post #72. You can get the diodes at Radio Shack like ten for a buck.
Oh Yeah, like Rog said, first thing to do is get rid of the throttle spring![:'(]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21452.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	568236   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31149.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	568237