Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Norvel...something wrong ?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Norvel...something wrong ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 07:13 PM
baco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Norvel...something wrong ?

Hi All
I have some problems trying to find Novel engines. The people of norvel.com.....doesn´t answers. Seems it´s something working badly.
Also it`s difficult to find somebody who sells Norvel prods.
Comments ?
Thanks

Daniel
Old 04-12-2006, 08:24 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Norvel...something wrong ?

Hi Baco, how are you? Have you done more work to the EOLE? That will be an amazing plane when you're done! The word about Norvel is that they are going through some changes and the problem with getting .061s is temporary, they want us to have patience . Anyway, there is a new .061 coming out called the CS, and it costs $35 for the RC version. I have one on order and will put out a full report as soon as it gets here. I ordered the C/L version, but there will be other guys who will report on the RC version engine too. The importer of this engine introduced himself here in the CS .061 thread, so take a look at that thread to find out more. Don't forget to check in here from time to time with your project, too.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Sneasle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there are a few other threads in this forum about the company. check them out. i dont know the details myself, but those threads have lots of information.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Baco --

The NORVEL site is no longer functional -- the original importer is out of business and SIG is now the NORVEL distributor. I'm copying a post that I placed in another thread about the current NORVEL status.

Many of us have noticed that NORVEL engines are getting harder to find and that some parts are not available. I've also seen posts that NORVEL engines are being discontinued (probably due to the NORVEL site not being operational). Rather than rely on rumor, conjecture or bad information, I wrote SIG asking about the current status of NORVEL and received a very prompt reply from Justin Van Dee. With his permission, I'm posting his response ----

NORVEL is NOT going out of business first off.

The Norvel plant has moved to a new location within the last few months which has not helped me in getting engines and parts out of Russia. On top of that the previous importer was involved with his new business that he kind of slacked off when it came to Norvel. He knew this and since then has asked if SIG Manufacturing would like to take over.

SIG Manufacturing is now talking with Norvel and will be the importer from now on. They had a few engines and parts already made before they made the plant move so once we get all the ducks lined up and get the ball rolling we should be able to fill the Norvel needs again. It will be a couple months before they start rolling in.

So, stick with us on this transition and things will get back to normal. Infact we are close to getting them to make some of the .049 engines again which where dropped by the past importer.

Best Regards,
Justin Van Dee
Norvel Tech
SIG Mfg.