Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Video of Re-V-Amped in 22 + MPH Winds

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Video of Re-V-Amped in 22 + MPH Winds

Old 05-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Half-A-Hec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video of Re-V-Amped in 22 + MPH Winds

Howdy all,

Planes don't know winds, only pilots know winds. How many times have you heard that one. Wed afternoon I got to fly with Build Light and Donh21. The weather did not cooperate. The winds were a steady 22 MPH gusting to 30 MPH![:'(] Don and I decided to fly anyways. Don flew his electric foamy and I flew Re-V-Amped. Robert (AKA Build Light) did a fine job of running the video camera. He had a great technique that worked well for keeping the little plane in the field of view. He held the camera to the side of his head so that the lens was level with his eyes. He never once looked through the view finder. Great job Robert! This is not an easy plane to video. In the video you will see me struggling to keep the plane flying. The wind really picked up during the flight. At 7 oz. with a 21 inch wing span, this little plane was really getting buffeted[X(]. There was one time when the wind really picked up and blew the plane down wind. I had to go full throttle to get it back to us. Surprisingly enough I did manage to fly 4 times without incident. We had a good time talking about planes despite the weather. Robert even gave me a big roll of Doculam to try out. Need to build something now! Hmm

Video Link http://www.vmix.com/viewVideo.php?ID=401714