Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Whats your favorite Simple Series?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Whats your favorite Simple Series?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 07:46 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Whats your favorite Simple Series?

I had a cap that was cool until it fell out of the sky! Have an Ultimate on the build board, an extra that became a chew toy without me knowing about it, and now a cub on the way...so whats yours?..Rog
Old 06-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Whats your favorite Simple Series?

Ultimate! Did you really have to ask?
Old 06-06-2006, 05:48 AM
rrragmanliam

Extra with a .061>

It's a real nice flyer!

Rrrag
Old 06-06-2006, 07:00 AM
flyinrog

My cap had the .074 on it[],,thats what I hate about building, it seems the more time I spend trying to make a plane look good the shorter life span it will end up with...1st time it went in a soybean field, very little damage the pilot said it felt like a bad battery, it wasnt hit cause no one was on the same ch..so I fix it, head out to the field, it fires right up and heads out great on launch, nice big circle to the left and about 30 second, it looked like a bird that got shot down, it just fell,,2 guys at the field ,,just kinda asked ,Hey what happened? BIG difference in going in , in a soybean field and hard red carolina clay..the foam wing did survive...but that was about it...Rog
Old 06-06-2006, 07:07 AM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rog,

It had to have been sometime in the mid '80s when RCM published plans for a Simple Duster. Low wing like your Cap but with a Pawnee look about it, cute. For some reason it clicked with the guys in the club and it became a group project. I expect we cut out 8 or 10 "kits" but we only got four finished. But what a treat it was to see them all in the air at the same time.

Mine flew "fair" with a Black Widow but I can't help but wonder how much more fun it would have been if Norvels had existed back then. Hmmm, I wonder if I still have those plans somewhere.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:26 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Well, I've only built one simple series so far, so it gets my vote by default--the T-6. This thing is such a hoot! The electric-only guys are ALWAYS surprised at the performance I get on this plane with a $40 Norvel.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:59 PM
chad500_0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tonight was the first flight on my AT-6. This has to be the most fun I have had flying since I was 15 (I am 40, now) The simple Series builds as quick as they fly. My AT-6 has a Norvell .061 and 3 HS 81's. During my flight, the throttle stuck wide open and I was hanging on with a big smile. I had no trim adjustments to make and the plane flew as if it was on rails. My neighbors will be waking to the sweet sounds of my early morning sortie.

chad
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40726.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	477309   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51891.jpg
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	477310   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va72569.jpg