Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Hitec HS-55 servos.GOOD for WHAT ???

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Hitec HS-55 servos.GOOD for WHAT ???

Old 06-21-2006, 11:01 AM
D Bronk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hitec HS-55 servos.GOOD for WHAT ???

Well I ordered this,and a crystal .I think it will be the most versatile for me. The HS05 seems to be a pretty good price too

http://www.greathobbies.com/products...od_id=HIT25270
Old 06-21-2006, 04:03 PM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I guess I can stir the pot. I have several HS55 but also about 20 of the ultra cheap tower/Dragon Flys servos ($7.50) that have worked flawlessly. The 9G Dragon flies are in my Stingray delta and work even after some high speed touch and no go!! I generally use the standard servos in my larger models. I never had a servo failure except for a high buck Futaba that came with my 9Z for heli which was a pinched wire. I do use the ball Bear S3004 servos in my big stuff .60 to 1.60 with no issues at all. I feel if properly mounted they all should work fine. Been flying these for more years than I care to remember and still no issues.

Bob Harris
Old 06-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Of all the brands of servos I've used (JR, Hitec, Hobbico, Futaba, Royal, Cirrus, Blue Arrow, Airtronics etc.) the only ones I've had out and out failures with are the Cirrus. I've worn out pots and busted gears on other brands but the Cirrus have had wires come off of the motors on several servos. I don't know about their current models, but on the CS21s there is a ceramic disc capacitor that is soldered to the motor and the caps legs are used for the connections to the motor. The motor can twist slightly and because the capacitor legs are solid wire, not stranded, they break off over time.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:42 PM
goldguy

Check out the NEW Castle Creations/Berg RX's. They are absolutely bullet proof with their advanced features and best of all, very light and inexpensive. The 555 or Electron it ten times the size and I sill get 'hit' with the new Micro 5.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:47 PM
D Bronk

Thanks for the tip...I`ll check that out too.Never know,just might be, the next Reciever..
Old 06-22-2006, 11:34 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I've got a couple of Bergs and they're rock solid. Or course I got them before Castle Creations took over, so I paid about twice what they cost now. The new Hitec Micro 05MS is a park flyer RX, not like the 555 or Electron 6. Another nice small RX is the JR 700 - 7 channel full range.

Frank,
It's been a while since you posted here.
I'm planning on going to the First Lake Float Fly in July. Hopefully I'll see some of your new small planes there.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:57 PM
D Bronk

I`ve got 10 model memory on the Radio.So eventually will need more. I know, there`s a beginning to this Hobby,BUT,is there No END?? You ,Don`t have to answer that LOL.