Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Midwest Bebe' Jodel 1/2a

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Midwest Bebe' Jodel 1/2a

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2002, 01:00 AM
Betired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midwest Bebe' Jodel 1/2a

i am looking for parts or pieces for the old midwest bebe jodel powered by the cox 049. i have an empty box and the plans that are about toast.any help would be apreciated
Old 12-28-2002, 01:53 AM
prole
My Feedback: (3)

Default Jodel Bebe

Betired,

In the Jan issue of Model Airplane News, the one with all of the plans for sale in the centerfold there are plans for a .049 plane called the Jodel Bebe.

It's a low wing job by Randy Randolph, looks like a quadrihedral wing, 39" span, calling for a .049-.09.

It caught my eye as something that might be kind of easy as a first attempt at scratch building.

It's plan# FSP04971

here is a link to the M.A.N. site with details on it:

http://www.rcstore.com/rs/general/de...4971&catego=PL

Looks like a really cool plane, if you get the plans I'd love to hear all about it, like I said, I've had my eyes on that one for a while now.

Hope this helps,

As Always,
T -the prole-
Old 12-28-2002, 03:50 AM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes thats a Jodel pronounced yodel but it is not the same as the Midwest kit. That was a thing of beauty.
Which gets me to the point. A friend of mine who owns a furniture store had borrowed mine for a display in 1980 for a boys bedroom with the plane supposidly hanging from the ceiling. We both flew together and he liked the plane. I completely forgot about it and so did he. Lo and behold the had it in storage all these years in perfect condition so I now have mine back complete with an ace S/C galloping ghost outfit on 27.045. I still have the TX for it. Might be tempted to let it go if the price is right
Old 12-28-2002, 03:12 PM
Betired

Default JODEL

i built the midwest jodel and powered it with a cox 049. it flew great with an Ace pulse comander single channel radio. the radio also had a button that controlled a servo so you could have idle or full throtle. i still have the radio and thats why i would like to find another to fly in the vintage class. if you are interested in parting with yours maybee we can work a deal, cash or swap.
there is another jodel by easy built models but its not the same as the Midwest jodel
thanks for the info. you can e-mail me direct at
[email protected]

Old 12-28-2002, 03:26 PM
Betired

Default Re: JODEL

thanks proel and dennisOriginally posted by Betired [/i]
[B]i built the midwest jodel and powered it with a cox 049. it flew great with an Ace pulse comander single channel radio. the radio also had a button that controlled a servo so you could have idle or full throtle. i still have the radio and thats why i would like to find another to fly in the vintage class. if you are interested in parting with yours maybee we can work a deal, cash or swap.
there is another jodel by easy built models but its not the same as the Midwest jodel
thanks for the info. you can e-mail me direct at
[email protected]

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GRAVITY-THE EARTH SUCKS
Old 01-01-2003, 01:39 AM
dls
My Feedback: (113)

I`ve got one N.I.B. very nice old kit. Email me & we may be able to work a trade or sale if interested
Old 01-02-2003, 03:58 AM
Betired

Default jodel

yes
i would like to buy-trade for your jodel kit. please e-mail me at
[email protected]