Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Servo Deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 11:19 PM
skaliwag
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Servo Deal!!!

Is this Servo deal still running? HS 55's for $10?

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/759257.asp
Old 08-25-2006, 06:22 AM
small_rcer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Servo Deal!!!

Good Day:

I don't know about the "deal" mentioned above, but in Canada we can get them at about that price everyday. See this link

http://www.greathobbies.com/products...od_id=HITHS55S

So for those readers in Canada, this "regular" price is a pretty good "deal".

JIm H

Old 08-25-2006, 10:16 AM
flyinrog

Draganfly servos are 9 gram and ~$9 too out of Canada..all the time , pretty good servos, been through a few of them , but I can be pretty rough on a servo in a relatively short time....thats the nice version of I crash often...Rog
Old 09-14-2006, 07:04 PM
skaliwag

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When merchandise is purchased on line in US from Canada are there any hidden fees and Taxes? Are there any surprises added on in the check out phase.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:07 PM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: skaliwag

When merchandise is purchased on line in US from Canada are there any hidden fees and Taxes? Are there any surprises added on in the check out phase.
There is nothing hidden. You can use a [link=http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi]currency converter [/link] to determine the price in US dollars -- for instance $13.00 CDN is equal to $11.63 USD today -- these rates move around daily. You have to be careful in choosing the shipping method since some can be quite expensive. I have bought servos from Great Hobbies -- Canadian servo prices are usually lower than in the US (I don't know why), so by combining the lower CDN price with the exchange rate advantage, your total will be less expensive than buying in the lower 48.

But, you have to purchase enough to overcome the higher shipping -- Great Hobbies gave me a shipping cost up front. The most advantageous shipping can take two to three weeks. I used my credit card -- Great Hobbies charged my card in Canadian dollars and the credit card company converted that to US dollars on my bill, but charged a small conversion fee.

For example: 5 Hitec HS65 servos at 21.99 CDN is 109.95 --- that's 98.31 USD. The same servo from Servo City is 24.99 -- total of 124.99 with free shipping. If shipping is about 8.00 with a 3.50 conversion fee, you still come out ahead. Great Hobbies might accept a MO in USD and you could save the credit card conversion.

Your order just has to be large enough compensate for the higher shipping and currency fees.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:23 PM
D Bronk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or, I could be your middle man if you want.I use Great Hobbies, all the Time.They Ship Cod(for a charge),and with Express mail(for a charge) I have my stuff in 2-3 days..With expediated mail (regular post) I usually order on a Monday, and have it for that Friday(no extra charge)..
Old 09-14-2006, 08:42 PM
hogflyer

Just send DB your credit card, I'm sure he'll be glad to place and order on it.....
Old 09-14-2006, 09:04 PM
D Bronk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL..Yeah, and ,,I would only Buy,, the Best, ,of The BEST,,that Your money ,[sm=greedy.gif]Could Buy!!![sm=teeth_smile.gif]