Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

2006 Tullahoma S.M.A.L.L.

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

2006 Tullahoma S.M.A.L.L.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 06:48 AM
DICKEYBIRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Tullahoma S.M.A.L.L.

I just got the Sept. Model Aviation and noticed the announcement for the 2006 S.M.A.L.L. event in Tullahoma, TN. I'll post the official flyer with motel info as soon as it arrives.

It's a good little event and is well worth attending. Lord willin' and the creeks don't rise, I'll be there. You 1/2A fellers ought to come on over (or down, or up...whatever) and help me make some noise to break up the puny little whiney-buzzy noises them electron-burners make.

You'll get to rub elbows with the likes of Joe Wagner, Dr. Diesel, Ralph Barnette (the Cox radial guy) and Skaliwag (tentatively) as well. Hope to see some of yuse there. Heck, I might even buy you a dinner at the Catfish place! (Mmmm, yummy)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50716.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	513372  
Old 08-26-2006, 07:49 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2006 Tullahoma S.M.A.L.L.

HEY!!!, thats MY time slot..09-30-06 Snow Camp, North Carolina...contact ME, I got free hotdogs, and the cook tells me were doing burgers this year too...Pylon races..funfly events..free beer, strippers....well, [&o] hotdogs anyway,,I got the Carolina 1/2A Crew...1st annual rites of fall festival,,ok I made that up too...Who are those guys again? I got Raymond the lionhearted, Bob the builder, Tim the toolman Witse (ask him about diesel) Madman Ptulmer and his sidekicks...Deadeye Dan, Ringmaster Vicman...and a host of others from as far as Minn, coming this way..perhaps even the ever elusive fireman will appear ...who else you got coming?.......MicroFlight..BAAAAhahahahahaha...Rog
Old 08-26-2006, 08:12 AM
DICKEYBIRD

Bummer[] 2 great events on the same day. Go figure.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:10 PM
av8rsodt
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is exactly what I am struggling with:

1. My wife is due with your 4th on Sept. 23rd
2. 9/30: Tullahoma SMALL
3. 9/30: 1/2A Reedie Race

Working hard on getting something ready to fly at Tullahoma - Amethyst Falcon biplane. Also have in mind a good design to build for a reedie race.

Why is it that some weekends have nothing and others have everything?

Brian
Old 09-29-2006, 05:18 AM
DICKEYBIRD

Just a quick note to bump this back up to the top as a reminder that the Tullahoma event is tomorrow; in case anyone missed the original post and might be interested in coming. I have an extra reservation at the local Hampton Inn if anyone decides to come and can't find a room. I'm leaving at 11:00 today (CSDT) and won't have internet access after that so if you need the room, make sure to PM me here before then.

The weather forecast looks good. 5 - 10 mph wind, middle 70's and only a slight chance of rain.

Oh yeah, Tullahoma's about an hour southeast of Nashville, TN.