Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Just a heads up!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 09:33 PM
treedog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a heads up!!

Just a heads up on a probable scam site to be on the watch for. A month ago i ordered 155.00 worth of norvels from Quick Tech Hobby out of Sedalia Mo. I posted the link to it in the norvel availability post and wish i could take it back. There is a investigation on this site by me that i signed today with the Baxter County sherriff here in AR. Will keep u all posted and updated as things get going. Just be patient and carefull. Good modeling to u all.
john reece
Midway Ar. 870481-5667
Old 09-01-2006, 10:35 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Just a heads up!!

I hope you get your money back, TD.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:47 PM
treedog

Ty Cp. I'm just ashamed that because of my posting of that link that someone else may have been hurt , and for that I am extremely sorry.
Td
Old 09-01-2006, 10:47 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look up Larry Swain Quick, that place went bankrupt some years ago and burned a lot of people. He was suspended from ebay. I believe he was also banned from the old RCO because he was advertising planes for sale pretending he was just an individual, to avoid paying fees as a commercial advertiser. That's about all I can remember, and if I am wrong, somebody correct me.
The bottom line is you have a problem, yes...
Old 09-01-2006, 10:59 PM
treedog

You are absolutely correct about larry quick tiger. I just found that out today by sluething a lil on my own. And there is no store there or warehouse for all those 75,000 parts he says he has.
Hope I can get this a- hole put away for a long time. Ty for confirming my suspicians.
J reece
Old 09-01-2006, 11:06 PM
D Bronk

TreeD post this here too and give all your info..this Guy ,has an online store ,in RCU .You got to let ,everyone Know.Don`t feel Guilty ,it`s not like you knew ,this guy was a Scamming Con Artist .See if the FBI, has an Internet Fraud Unit ,and unleash those dogs on him..Seems like he`s a PRO ,so don`t hold back..There`s too many Honest ,Reliable, Online Stores, to deal with ,and crap like that gives, the Good ones a bad name

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_63/tt.htm
Old 09-01-2006, 11:10 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Well...evidently, they are BACK in business after bankruptcy, but they burned a LOT of people. They were "lsq" on ebay, if you want to see that one, too. We are talking about a LOT of people left without their money.
MAYBE you will be one of the people who gets their item and everything is fine, or maybe you will get burned. I would do whatever I could to recover my money ASAP, as he has a proven track record of burning people, and has already declared bankruptcy once.
Best of luck.
The guy stood out for me, his name ran a big bell, I remember clearly his business practices on RCO, he was just plain dishonest, and he got caught red-handed by Jim Cooke, the admin there, and thrown off. Same with ebay.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:14 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: D Bronk

TreeD post this here too and give all your info..this Guy ,has an online store ,in RCU .You got to let ,everyone Know.Don`t feel Guilty ,it`s not like you knew ,this guy was a Scamming Con Artist .See if the FBI, has an Internet Fraud Unit ,and unleash those dogs on him..Seems like he`s a PRO ,so don`t hold back..There`s too many Honest ,Reliable, Online Stores, to deal with ,and crap like that gives, the Good ones a bad name

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_63/tt.htm
t

Just to clarify...businesses DO go bankrupt, and often the law allows them to continue in business, and pay off very little to their creditors. That's the law. And sometimes business goes south, and people often deserve a second chance.
BUT...there are some mitigating circumstances in this case, he has some issues with integrity in general, I would do a chargeback ASAP.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:28 PM
treedog

Ty dave and Et. I'll go post that in market right now and also in the morn i'll contact Pettis county sherriff with the new info.
J Reece By the way great memory tiger
Old 09-01-2006, 11:38 PM
D Bronk

This Company/Guy sounds, like he is a habitual/dishonest Buisness man ,riding on the Laws Coat tails.I`m in Canada, so I`m not familiar with how things work there, in the South,but you must have some sort of a law ,forbiding a person/company, from taking an individuals money under false pretences.I`m sure TreeD, expected ,and ,was promised ,a product, in return for his Money.That didn`t happen..When that sort of thing happens ,up North here ,it`s fraud, and theft.Totaly Illegal,Charges get laid,and court dates get set..It totaly sounds, like this company /person, goes into buisness ,with ,Stealing peoples money in mind..If he Didn`t have the Norvels in stock,TreeD, should never have had his CREDIT CARD Charged .
Old 09-02-2006, 08:03 AM
treedog

this isn't a reply to myself he he just thought i'd seperate it out a bit check out qt hobbies policy page this will make u laugh. this a hole really has balls talking about us cheating him
http://www.quicktechhobby.com/QTH-Policy.htm
Old 09-02-2006, 07:49 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

OK Treedog, I've edited your post in the other thread with big red letters to say that they are not delivering and are under investigation. Thanks for the heads up.

I left your post but added the warning so that anyone doing a search will find the warning rather than no info.

Good luck with the follow through.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:10 PM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

I'm a bit confused about his "Garage Sale" page. He's pulling in RCU Marketplace ads into his web site:

<script src="http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/feed.cfm?CATID=1&DISPLAY=10&THUMBS=1&ITEMSIZE=13"></script>

Here's the page:

http://www.quicktechhobby.com/Garage%20Sales.html
Old 09-02-2006, 08:37 PM
D Bronk

Go to the RCU Store and Check his Reviews the Very first 1, scores a 9.check out the Reviewers profile.
The guy signs up to RCU, and that review, is the ONLY Post, ever made by that person.I think the Name is "TJ",And no other participation, except, for that 1 review..
Old 09-03-2006, 07:58 PM
treedog

BMathews:ty for flagging my heads up on this site. I'm kinda impatient waiting on some responce here, but what with the holiday weekend i guess i better wait a bit before checking the progress on the investigation. Just so i don't step on to many jurisdictions toes if u know what i mean.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:09 PM
treedog

Update!!
The sheriff here called today asking for more info so the investigation is ongoing.
Hope to have more info soon.ty for ur patience!
john
Old 09-05-2006, 09:12 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Can I make a suggestion? What has worked for me? Ask the sherriff, very nicely, if he might simply give the guy a call or a visit. Don't talk too much about prosecuting and such, that gets complicated. Tell the sherriff that maybe a simple phone call or visit will get a refund, and that's all you need.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:51 AM
small_rcer

Hello All:

To further reduce their credibility, the digital security certificate for their "Secure" ordering, expired 08 July 2006. This means that the site may or may NOT be secure when you order. My browser is set to check and report the status of the digital certificate and theirs is well past the best before date.

Jim H
Old 09-06-2006, 09:23 AM
treedog

ty for the added info small_rcer.All info on this person is appreciated.