Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

What P-51?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 07:00 AM
Shoruk3n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What P-51?

Hi everybody, I'm thinking of getting either the GWS or Megatech P-51 electric. I'm a micro heli guy with a little fixed wing experience. I can't decide which to get. I'm looking for any feedback or suggestions. I'll make a short list of stuff on my mind:

1. I hear the Megatech can be converted to 4ch, can the GWS?
2. Which has the most accurate scale look?
3. GWS makes retracts, sold separately, correct? Does megatech? (I'll most likely hold off on these until I'm super-confident)
4. Call me a nut, but I'm really after the scale appearance, so I'd probably be doing belly landings at the local soccer field, if possible. Is it easy to damage either of these planes doing so?
5. Which is the most crash resistant?
6. What kind of flight time can I expect? ...Actually I don't care, as long as I'm flying a P-51...

Thanks for any help!
Rob
Old 01-16-2003, 03:14 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What P-51?

Hey shor, I dont really know about Mega but you rarely see anything bad about GWS and I did email Mega about the mustang and I think it was about $50 more than the GWS
but is easiier to build
accurate scale looks?, well its a foam plane so both gotta be pretty close, Mega foam looks a little more dense but thats not necessarily a good thing
use the supplied gear to land and probably about 7-9 minutes with standard batt paks...... ie I would go GWS
Old 01-16-2003, 06:55 PM
Shoruk3n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What P-51?

Thanks! Any comments on the 3/4ch situation? Will the GWS accommodate ailerons?