Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

I didnt need one more plane

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

I didnt need one more plane

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 09:40 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I didnt need one more plane

So I ordered 4[&:].. a .10 shrike just for fun..well, I guess they're all for fun..a Sig Hummer, a Sig Wonder, and a Lanier 1/2A combat plane. should keep me busy for a while., Man I hate cold weather and as a bonus I dont have any heat! I called a guy in August to replace my ancient fuse box with a breaker box and stick a heat pump on my house since the equally ancient oil furnace died last spring well 10 weeks later the breaker box is done and then I paid him and promptly fired him, since at this rate I would have heat somewhere in the mid January area ,ok I know its not 1/2a , just a mild rant while I wait for my planes to arrive and figure out where the heck I'm gonna put them?!!I got a bunch of nice wings too, seem my planes dont generally cartwheel they just go straight in, so no extra fuses laying around, a friend is making me a Taco ,,I saw his fly today, short fuse ,big wing ,,.25 engine he made it look easy, but he said it was waaay squirrely, any input on the throttle made it do almost a u-turn,,it did some crazy stuff ,then he had engine problems...if anyone knows,,,he thought it was about to lock up (Hydraulic) so he pulled the plug , well if you are familiar with a Norvel, it felt like the tight spot at the top of the stroke to me (obviously its not, but thats what it feels like)..I said he may have bent the rod but it is a .25 OS FX with about a gallon through it..ok I guess you guys can tell its past my bedtime....Rog
oh yeah, plus the one I won on the bay!!
Old 10-25-2006, 10:42 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I didnt need one more plane

I'd be in a panic too, if I only had five planes waiting to be built, it would mean I was robbed. I've got that many 1/4 scales waiting, maybe 10 sailplanes, a couple 1/2a, just finishing up a 60 Chipmunk, (it's a 40 size, but I put a 60 in it in the best tradition of Tim Allen), and a 40 delta today, still working on a Viking sailplane and a 4M electric sailplane.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:19 AM
Sneasle

geess.. if only i had the room and funds to get that involved in the hobby.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:33 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

You'd be a member of the RCA twelve step program too. It doesn't seem to be working though.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:07 PM
lildiesel

And I thought I had it bad as I prepare to make four planes from essentially the same set of drawings. A Fly Baby, Fly Baby Bipe, and a Fly Baby Parasol for myself and an "explodomatic" control line trainer 9in the Cox PT 19 fashion0 for the kid who's becoming the next addict to this hobby.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:37 AM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

. . . . Lanier 1/2A combat. . . Let me know when you start on yours so I'll know to go ahead and work on mine. Then, mooohahahaha!
Old 10-26-2006, 07:21 AM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: lildiesel

.......... A Fly Baby, Fly Baby Bipe, and a Fly Baby Parasol for myself ...........
Lildiesel --

Since you apparently like Fly Babies, have you visited [link=http://www.bowersflybaby.com/]Ron Wanttaja's Fly Baby page[/link]?
Old 10-26-2006, 07:27 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1/2A combat.
Fer real? Are we thinkin about it? Rog start a new thread!
Old 10-26-2006, 07:46 AM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Rog, I'm alternating between sweating and freezing, too. For three weeks now they can't find a coil for my two year old Rheem.[:'(] Here's what you do though... pretend you are in a shop. Use the kitchen counters for "workbenches" and put a cot in there. It'll be kinda like camping out in the shop. If you have an electric oven, you'll know what to do. (spent some time being dirt poor after I moved out and got married (ten years and two days ago), so I know the tricks)
Old 10-26-2006, 08:05 AM
flyinrog

ORIGINAL: ptulmer

Rog, I'm alternating between sweating and freezing, too. For three weeks now they can't find a coil for my two year old Rheem.[:'(] Here's what you do though... pretend you are in a shop. Use the kitchen counters for "workbenches" and put a cot in there. It'll be kinda like camping out in the shop. If you have an electric oven, you'll know what to do. (spent some time being dirt poor after I moved out and got married (ten years and two days ago), so I know the tricks)
Hahaha, I got a little heater at my feet now,,,,now if I could fit my puter and my tv in the bathroom,I gota little heater that will run me outa there...I could just come out for beer and quick building sessions[sm=bananahead.gif]......Vic..will do...Rog
Old 10-26-2006, 08:58 AM
hfenn

Hahaha, I got a little heater at my feet now,,,,now if I could fit my puter and my tv in the bathroom,I gota little heater that will run me outa there...I could just come out for beer and quick building sessions[sm=bananahead.gif]......Vic..will do...Rog
[/quote]

Just take the shower door down and lay it across the toilet tank top and vanity and you have your building table Rog.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:14 AM
flyinrog

Hfenn the bathroom is 4'6" by 3'10" excluding the stand up shower, NO BUILDING room there...House was built in 1961, big ol L-shape brick ranch with a full basement

So how come none of you guys told me that the old Sig kits arent even crunch cut ,well the ribs are, but the fuse is inked on the balsa, I gotta cut them out with a razor or the band saw,, or save them for retirement!! naw I like the look of the wonder it looks like fun, but the hummer? I shoulda just got another of Bobs planes, cant beat that lazer cut stuff.. ,,OH BanjoAirplane gave me his Hangar 9 Ultra Stick and BSarge did the repairs on the wing, I gotta order some big stuff to get it in the air but still, its pretty cool, I am gonna get him in the air with something 1/2a this spring so he can play and cook at the May funfly...Rog