Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Postal Plane Project

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Postal Plane Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Max_Power

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Postal Plane Project

Sorry folks, Although the plane is 99.5% ready to ship out and is a great flyer, I and those involved finacially by a great margin have decided the only happy ending to this is to disassemble and ship Larry's model back to him. It seems this thread has become more about His quest for attention and drama that what it was originally intended to be, And many who are not financially involved seem to think it is wrong to try to qualify recipients(although there have actually been (0) requests from people with more than 13 posts since I became involved many months ago.) And I simply don't think its too much to ask for someone to have to display goodwill and intention to recieve the model. Larry, Either PM me a address to return the model to(stripped of my engine and electrics) Or we will destroy it and provide evidence of such at your request, Or donate it to a local club or send the model to another flyer upon reciept of a signed written request from you that you concede to be publically posted via photocopy on this forum. You are surely free to do as you wish after I have returned it to you. In liew of this I will also offer to make a donation of a reasonable amount to cover your material and shipping costs to AMA or a new Postal PP builder of your choice if you will cover the return shipping to you. I will continue to try to get the project going or donate materials to someone else to do such wholly at my own schedule and expense. Anyone else wishing to continue the project May volunteer to take up the project and I will relay the total sum of all donations I recieved, whether consumed by the project or not, Along with a additional $25 of my money. If no such request is made within 10 days..Or no reimbursement requested by the (1) other investor besides I , Exocet-RCU, and Live Wire..The funds will be sent to the AMA as a donation. My request would be that you have me turn the stripped model over to Die Fluggiester in person, But I need you to request it in a public and non-editable manner And honestly I think you'll just bug him. Larry, I really wish you could have just kept your mouth shut for another month, Or the moderater had closed this post when several folks requested such! But this project in my opinion has a better chance for success once you are'nt associated with it. I'm done with your insinuations and implied accusations, public AND private! I feel your need for attention outweighs any benefit you could provide the project. Its true..... NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!!! Flame on everyone!!! Moderator...please specifically let me know where I have broken forum rules so that I can edit my post if necessary. Todd Tibbs [&o] I'm open to PM's and suggestions on how to fairly handle this but cannot tolerate this any longer!!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Max_Power

PS...Please don't PM me anymore LW....if you have something to say post it here!
Old 01-12-2011, 07:12 AM
Live Wire

Todd
This one is addressed to you. Read into it what you may
I have been trying every thing I can to keep this thread from being lost in the shuffle. The main reason I sent out anouther PLANE was to try and keep it going.
YOU CAN DO WITH THIS PLANE WHAT YOU WISH I would send it to some one that will get it moving not make excuses.
Larry K

If you people want this thread closed Do SO.

And Yes I have not came on this thread flameing you the way you have flame some people here.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:31 AM
dieFluggeister

Larry, for the love of Liza, please just let it go.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:00 AM
Tom Nied

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Here's what I'd like to see happen.

This thread should be closed. Grace Postal has outlived most peoples expectations.

A new thread started called something like, "Grace the 1/2A Sport Plane". Where people can access a copy of the pdf plan and instructions. A link to this old thread for anybody who wants to relive any of this. Some of the design discussion is really good. This new thread would allow anybody who wants to build one themselves an opportunity to discuss and share ideas.

I myself will eventually build my own. I don't need a postal plane. My engine tests are almost complete.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:24 AM
dieFluggeister

Thanks for all the support Tom.

For those interested, I did a small build thread back in '06. Here is the link:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_50...tm.htm#5137037
Old 01-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Tom Nied

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

That's perfect. That's all that is needed. Bravo.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:05 AM
Live Wire

ORIGINAL: Live Wire

ORIGINAL: Live Wire

Todd
Thank for the up date. A lot of people just want to know what is going on. If you guy's want to send her back I will see what the problem is or even maybe replace the plane. The only thing is, I will need it the way and in the condition you were trying to fly it.
Larry K

PLEASE READ the post. What else could I offer
Old 01-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Max_Power

Larry , Read this a few times if you need for it to sink in!! You told me before to do what I wished with the plane...I wished, I did what I wished, Am currently doing what I have previously wished, And made further plans to do as I was wishing and you STILL harass me on the internet about it. This leads me to believe the only solution that will help the project is to get the model back in your hands or in the garbage at your request so that those of us interested in this project can do what we wish without your crave for attention and to make implications getting in the way. If you wanted me to do as I wished why are you still harassing me?? My wish at this point is to send monetary donations on to the next volunteer and then do as you have requested(Do as I wish) with the plane Does this meet your "Do as you wish" Criterion? Is this okay with you? Please confirm this so I can print it out to post in in this thread to defend myself, and include a copy in the "cease and desist" letter you will be certified mailed the next time you change your mind and decide its time to harass me!!! Please acknowledge this by PM or tell me what you wish for me to do with the airframe, As hopefully by that time I will have gotten this thread closed so we can move on. I think Tom's Idea is GREAT!!! Todd
Old 01-12-2011, 02:13 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I've decided to lock this thread.  While there's been a lot of positive posts and information here we've seen a lot of animosity surface as well.  The purpose of this project was to join and strengthen the bonds between the modellers on this forum that are located all over the world.  Instead we've seen that we're all too human and vulnerable to human failings.

As a model design if plans and construction details for the Grace design should find a home in a new thread that's fine.  But as it sits now I don't see any value in keeping this thread alive any longer so it's been locked and will be allowed to settle to the depths of the database.  Maybe we can see it as a chance to start afresh.

With regrets
Bruce