Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Kraft (Birdi) plans source

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Kraft (Birdi) plans source

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 09:11 AM
flying poodle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kraft (Birdi) plans source

Hi guys, I posted this on the glider forum but got no response. You guys may not have the answer, and maybe will be told to sit down and shut-up!!, but at least I will not be ignored.

Hello everyone, I was just going through some of my loot from last years swap meet. I picked up a Birdi Windsurfer 2M glider kit for $5. The box is very beat up and there are no plans, although there is a single sheet of paper that has pictures of the construction sequence. I had originally purchased this kit to cannibalize the wood for some scratch building, but after looking at the kit in detail I have decided to try and build it. If anyone knows of a source of plans for this airplane kit I would be most appreciative. If not I will attempt to build it from the picture sheet and the specs on the front of the box. It will likely be difficult due to the plug in winds and stab.

Any thoughts on the flight qualities of this glider would also be appreciated. I have build several GLs, a Riser, and one scratch built glider, but all of these have been floaters. The Windsurfer appears to be a higher performance aircraft.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:43 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Default RE: Kraft (Birdi) plans source

These guys may be able to help or point you in the right direction.

Bluejay Airplane Kits
Lynn and Sandy Latta
301 Hartford Street
Stratton, NE 69043

tel. 308.276.2322

[email protected]

http://www.bridiairplanes.com
Old 11-22-2006, 09:06 AM
flying poodle

Default RE: Kraft (Birdi) plans source

Thank you