Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Hey Prole

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 04:36 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey Prole

so you coming up man?, its tomorrow, dont know how the weather will effect turn out.......Rog
Old 01-24-2003, 07:52 PM
prole
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey Rog

I'm planning on it,

My girlfriend and I both caught this stomach virus and have spent the past two days between the toilet and bed. It's really been pretty awful, everyone I know has had this or has it now.

If by this afternoon I can make it an hour without having to run to the toilet I'll be there.

I really hope so, maybe could you email me directions to the place from the high way.

I'll let you know for sure by tonight, I'm going to be super disapointed if this doesn't work out.

keep in touch.

t-theprole-
Old 01-24-2003, 08:17 PM
fastlash
My Feedback: (7)

Default hey prole

Prole just rent one of those tow behind port-a-potties,it should go away in 2 days it went thru my family all ready!! (literally)
Old 01-24-2003, 08:30 PM
prole

Default thanks for the idea

Thanks Fastlash-

That's really cute, I bet the misses will just love that idea...

are they expensive?

We started about two days ago, I'm feeling a little better, she's really not, hopefully by tonight things will be better.

Man I don't know how much more of this I can take, I'm starting to get a little sadle sore.
Old 01-25-2003, 12:25 AM
flyinrog

Default Hey Prole

ok hwy 54. once you cross under 85 ,dang dont have my city map, I think its the 4th light , turn right at the light Main st, Graham go to 3rd light at the mexican video store,turn right go across rr tracks and 1 light and from tracks its maybe 1/2 mile on the left..........its easier than it sounds , 2 right turns maybe 3 miles total from the hwy... its at Fairchild park if you need to ask anyone.....Rog
Old 01-25-2003, 01:17 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Default Hey Prole

Originally posted by flyinrog
ok hwy 54. once you cross under 85 ,dang dont have my city map, I think its the 4th light , turn right at the light Main st, Graham go to 3rd light at the mexican video store,turn right go across rr tracks and 1 light and from tracks its maybe 1/2 mile on the left....
....then hop out'chur car, scratch your head and say like the old Heckarewe indian scouts used to say: " Where the heckarewe!?"*

*(Cleaned up version for family consumption.)
Old 01-25-2003, 01:49 PM
prole

Default Hey Prole

I'ma coming buddy,

I'll be the unshaven one in black with the cute black haired young lady, who most likely will also be in black.

We'll be the ones that stick out...

yeah, just look for the two people that looked like they got beat up most in high school.

t-theprole-
Old 01-25-2003, 04:10 PM
flyinrog

Default Hey Prole

dang man, I wasnt sure you were comin so I left about 10:30,had a rough night at work too.. wont be up long ,I really hate I missed you but I did find the local club and field location its in snow camp like 12 miles south of me and 15 miles~ west of you, anyway when it gets warmer out we'll meet up somewhere betrween here and there, if you got a field I'll ride down to ya chapel hill is only 25 miles away, maybe we can build a couple of crapper planes and see who can take the other one out first.. haha I bet that would be a blast.........again ,sorry I would have liked to meet you and your girl..............Rog
Old 01-25-2003, 09:55 PM
prole

Default it'll happen...

Man, I got there right about 10:30. I didn't want to rush things so I got up, had a few cups of coffee just to make sure everything was going to stay down. I left Durham at about 10, got there about 10:45.

It was cool, I haven't been to one of those in years, I got two .049 TD's, one with a fuel tank mount and 4 props for 26 bucks.

Not too bad, it seemed like by the time I got there most everybody was kind of winding down. I was really hoping to find some old Ace kits, some .051's and some hs-81's but didn't find too much, there was one table with a display from *Early RC Models* that had some nice little stuff.

It was just nice to see everyone else's stuff.

And two nice Cox's for under 30 bucks is always nice

I'd be into a little one on one combat, I got a few plans of some little planes that we could put together real quick, foam wings, nice and quick and cheap!!! We should figure that out, set up some guidlines, that would be fun.

Thanks for telling me about this, it was nice to get out of town for an afternoon at least.

Keep in touch, we'll get it together.

t-theprole-

did you get or find anything cool?
Old 01-26-2003, 01:02 AM
flyinrog

Default Hey Prole

yeah that "early rc display" was cool, I never realized how small an .010 was! I almost bought a herr pitts special but decided to make a round through the place 1st, it was a good price at $55 and it was gone when I came back 5 minutes later .. there were a lot of good buys, but I have enough projects on hand, my best friend bought this 8' span cessna for $150 for a static display, and yeah things were definately winding down when you got there, it hit a fever pitch at about 09:00am shoulder to shoulder I was there at 08:10 and had to park all the way back at the base ball field,, but it was worth it , I met some local flyers and found out where the field was and it's only like $30 a year for membership and $35 to join. So I will be joining this spring, glad your feeling better ,hate I missed you , I guess we should have had a bit better communication, but it'll happen this spring,,,,Rog
Old 01-27-2003, 11:33 PM
flyinrog

Default Hey Prole

Hey man , have you got a decent hobby shop down there in Chapel Hill or close by?..Rog
Old 01-28-2003, 07:28 AM
prole

Default NO

Rog,

I haven't found a shop around here that is worth a darn at all.

There is a chain store that is in a few of the malls around here called Hungates and they have glue and balsa, a small selection of the most basic Du-Bro stuff, some MonoKote, a couple fuel tanks. Not much, but just the essentials. I go there if I need something simple, other than that I get everything either off eBay, from Norvel.com or from Tower Hobbies.

I have heard that King Hobbies is pretty good. Any time I order anything through Norvel.com it comes from there. It is just on the other side of Greensboro from you. I was trying to convice Aimee to make the trip but she wasn't feeling up to it and had already had her fill of RC.

There are two hobby shops in Raleigh, I guess thay would technically be closer than Greensboro to me, but they both kind of suck for SMALL stuff.

Why do you ask?

So I broke the rod on one of those TD's I got at the show, but the other is a powerhouse. Might even drop it in the glider, I just got her all patched up and ready to fly. Hopefully this weekend will be a little warmer.

As Always,
T
Old 01-28-2003, 01:16 PM
flyinrog

Default Hey Prole

dont have one here at all, there is some art supply place that has some connection to Great Planes? and they sold those mini RC cars for xmas but I've never actually been in the store, but they have a nice biplane made out of stained glass...we have one in Gibsonville, old guy with a bunch of 30 year old Revell plastic models, some covering and a couple of kits.. I would like to go the King RC sometime too, I hear its a nice store...Roadtrip?
see ya .. Rog
Old 01-28-2003, 05:36 PM
prole

Default Hey Prole

yeah man, that sounds good.

When you come here we'll trek it to Raleigh for those two, and when I come there, we'll trek it to King NC for that one.

When I was in Greensboro at some coffee shop after the meet last weekend I was looking in the phone book for shops and saw a bunch. I think the other one that seemed good was in Kernersville? Can't remember what it's called, we should go hit a few of them.

Looking like the weather is going to warm up a bit for the weekend, got the glider all patched up and ready for another try. I just can't wait.

When I do finially get to fly my planes I laugh and giggle and talk to myself like a little school boy, and all I can think about when I'm not there is circles in the sky... I love this hobby/lifestyle/dream...

take care Rog....

T
Old 01-30-2003, 01:28 AM
flyinrog

Default Hey Prole

Hey Prole, take a look at the plane soarrich put together, now that looks like about $5 worth of balsa that we could throw a cox into and crash together, what ya think......Rog