Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Graupner Foam Micro R/C Nemesis

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Graupner Foam Micro R/C Nemesis

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Steve Westphal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Graupner Foam Micro R/C Nemesis

I am considering trying a tiny electric and I love the Graupner Micro R/C pylon racer with a w/s of 17 3/4 inches. I found it at Hobby Lobby. I am anxious to try it with my Berg rx and Dymond servos, or, my Cannon super micro. I would love some input from someone who has flown this model with the Graupner equipment motor, etc. Would their charger work on any bigger stuff I might graduate to if I like this electric thing or is their a better charger with more versatility? Thanks.

ps......I can't wait to whip that little baby around the poles and am getting tired of these Cox .010's and .020's. I also am attracted to JMGlascrafts little Miss Cosmic Wind for my .020's. Any experience with them? Their website is kinda funky right now but am told that they will be back up and going soon.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:46 AM
subarubrat
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Graupner Foam Micro R/C Nemesis

It is pure crap. I bought one right when they were released and I built it to spec. Upon launch it swerves to the left then crashes. I went through all the usual and eventually the airframe only survived so many attempts and it was trashed. Another local fellow brought his to the field, launch and off to the left and broke the wing. He repaired and tried again later and never did get it to fly. A third fellow tried to get ahead of the problem and trimmed his to the right, launched and it just settled to the ground about 30 ft out.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:56 AM
supagloo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NO GO! [:'(]

I have one stowed in its box again for about a year and a half now. After a few flights it went back into the box because it was not exiting enough to fly.
It looks really fast but in the original configuration it has the speed of a glider. Also it is a little heavy. Even using light r/c gear.
Another negative point is the consumption of the thin expensive Graupner Cam Speed propellers. If you fly over grass it will cost about one each time you land. Not my idea of fun.

I have considered to build a copy out of balsa for the TD 010. In my opinion this can be done under 90 gram which makes it a better flying plane.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:34 AM
flyinrog

Not familiar, but if you want a good review go to FlyRC they have about 20 full page ads and pay for that mag, I have seen some cool Graupner stuff, but never heard any good stuff about them .....and if you order everything!! you can save $12 off the total price of $649 to get a foamie in the air!!!plus we have lots of oceanfront property in Kansas at a great price....Rog
Old 12-13-2006, 12:49 PM
hogflyer

And here's some of that Kansas beach front property........................
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38532.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	576445  
Old 12-13-2006, 01:25 PM
Andrew

Can't be Kansas -- no whitecaps.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:49 PM
digital_trucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Graupner makes excellent propellers, though. The grays perform very well.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:59 PM
subarubrat

I have had a few great graupner products, this wasn't one of them. The prop that is sold for the nemesis is so fragile that it breaks almost every landing. I broke 3 at $6 something each and then used a GWS that survived longer than the plane did for the remiander of the unsuccesful attempts.