Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Fuji .099 r/c

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 10:39 AM
Beeza
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuji .099 r/c

I saw one of these on ebay. Has anyone had experience with this engine?

Beez
Old 02-24-2007, 08:08 PM
ffkiwi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fuji .099 r/c

Not specifically with the 099-but certainly with the 19-they're well made engines run quite well, and seem to last. A little heavy in comparison with the equivalent OS and Enya ones. MECOA now do them so spares are not a problem-though I regard the MECOA prices for brand new Fuji engines as totally over the top. Fuji as a brand has been around since 1950 (possibly earlier) so they are not some fly by night brand-but have always been overshadowed and outmarketed outside of Japan by OS and Enya. If you can get it at a reasonable price, go for it-just be aware though-that just like OS and Enya-there are a whole range of Fuji 099 models going back to ca 1950-and obviously they have improved in both quality and power as you progress through the models. I think the latest is the 099-SR from memory. For a period there was a bit of overlap in production between the earlier crossflow ported and the later schneurled ported models-with both version being available.

'ffkiwi'

[I imagine the 099 SR to be comparable to the Max-10FSR, the 10FP or LA, the Enya 099, the Magnum/TT 10, and the ST X11-I would be surprised if it was superior to any of these............]
Old 02-24-2007, 10:25 PM
saikat8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuji .099 r/c

A friendly engine - a little on the chunky side , but starts easy , idles well , a little short on power for its size and weight - the one I have did not come with a muffler so I fit an OS muffler. Good to put in an old time type of aircraft for relaxed flying.

Regards

Rony

Assam , India