Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

How Many Enjoy......

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

How Many Enjoy......

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 08:25 PM
fastlash
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Many Enjoy......

How many of you enjoy the FRIENDLY bantering about the cox and Norvel Engs. and enjoy it, and how many could live with out it,, and not have it here any more, please vote the poll in the upper left side of your screen,
Old 02-11-2003, 08:46 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I posted neutral but as long as it's friendly and doesn't become a boringly regular part of the list I think it's great. If we can't poke a little fun it would be a pretty sad world.
Old 02-11-2003, 09:17 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah me too.. its ok until its 3 or 4 pages .........I have a cox or 2 and a Norvel or 2.......Rog
Old 02-11-2003, 11:17 PM
2fast4u
My Feedback: (5)

If you can't have fun, why bother getting out of bed??!!
Old 02-12-2003, 12:00 AM
Dave Campbell

I'm of the opinion that an occasion jab in the ribs in postings is good. Keeps things light and lively and noone gets to serious about their BS. This was a big problem in my last haunt, and if I'm not having fun then it's not worth doing.

Now, a thread that was created for bantering-all bets are off! I don't know anybody that can hang with Dickeybird/SpinDr. For them, it's kinda like dynamite fishing in a garbage can!

Dave
Old 02-12-2003, 12:12 AM
prole
My Feedback: (3)

I think it's OK, just as long as it doesn't become the most talked about thing.

I still like to read about what you guys are building and creating and I really don't care what brand any of it is.

I guess maybe I'm a little sensitive to the all of the Russian Slander that goes on. I think that is a little uncalled for but...

I have fun, and I laugh and after I read those threads, I can read about how Andrew is making something ELSE awesome and Matchless in breaking the 1/2a Speed record AGAIN and I can see that Dickeybird is like the smartest small plane guy in the world.

I really like it here and I really like all of you guys, I'm feeling especially happy about all of the super tech stuff that Dave C., BMatthews and 1705493 are talking about and the endless amount of planes that come from WildFred and Soarrich hangar...

You guys are all great, thanks you all...

I'm not going no where!!!!
Old 02-12-2003, 12:24 AM
DICKEYBIRD

I voted neutral....I try to live by the Golden Rule: "Do unto others befo...uhhh, as you would have them do unto you." Somebody takes a shot at me, I try my best to return it with as much accuracy as possible.
Old 02-12-2003, 12:26 PM
Dave Campbell

Prole, ya gotta lighten up a bit-it really isn't bashing the motors, it's poking fun at Dickeybird and vice versa. We know they are all good motors and that the best one in the world is the one you happen to have in your hand at the moment.

Arright? Group hug? (Sniff) I Luv you, Man!

Dave
Old 02-12-2003, 02:59 PM
buzzard bait

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It was OK the first four or five hundred posts, but it got old after that. What pushed me over the edge was going to a thread asking whether a Norvel will swing a large prop. It is an interesting question because some insist the Norvels must be allowed to rev up, while others have run 7 x 3s on the .061. What's the difference? Head gaskets? Fuel? Fly Quiet pipes? I never found out if anyone answered because I gave up after wading through page after page of cox banter that I'd seen over and over elsewhere. Jim
Old 02-12-2003, 04:15 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Dave Campbell
We know they are all good motors and that the best one in the world is the one you happen to have in your hand at the moment.
Dave
AMEN BROTHER!!! I dont really care where it is made/ who made it as long as it runs

Andrew "wants one of everything" Coholic

PS I kinda' like the ribbing
Old 02-12-2003, 05:42 PM
fastlash
My Feedback: (7)

Default Buzzard bait

You are asking for solid answers were there are none, it mainly comes down to application, and there are a million of them, as well as a million various conditions, so you have to go with what meets the criteria for your use, if you are referring to George's post he is askin about an .049 not an .061, if not then can't help since I don't know which you are referring to, if you are looking for a certain topic use the search engine and you won't have to WADE thru the posts because most of these questions have been addressed here before,
Old 02-12-2003, 07:26 PM
buzzard bait

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There have been a lot of fine and informative contributions in this forum and I really appreciate them, especially now that Smallnet seems to be down indefinitely. As someone said, occasional ribbing is no problem. You asked for opinions, and mine is that it got a little carried away at times, that's all. The search engine is only as good as the threads. Some are great and some would be better less cluttered. In either case, I thank the contributors, and mean no offense, and don't wish to spoil anyone's fun. Jim
Old 02-12-2003, 08:19 PM
Dave Campbell

Started a new thread for Buzzard Bait..
Old 02-13-2003, 12:32 AM
AndyW

The only good rivalry is a friendly rivalry. I didn't do it for the sake of this discussion particularly, because it was made several months ago, but if Randy Randolph publishes the picture in his column soon, you'll see an engine that covers all bases. It uses a Canadian custom made c/case and tank mount, a Russian Norvel piston and cylinder, American Cox front end, and Japanese G Mark throttle. A multi-lingual and multi-cultural hybrid. It has a feature that allows rotation of the cylinder for left, right or rear exhaust. Rear exhaust is for use with a tuned pipe.

Now, if I could get the Chinese to make it real cheap, we could all have one, (or a dozen) and I'd be rich. Well,, I can dream, can't I?

Sometimes when I re-read my posts in response to others, I find myself coming across a bit too dogmatic and argumentative without meaning to. Tone and body language can be 80% of a message which is missing from plain text. I should use smiley faces more often, I guess.

OK, too serious. This is a hobby. All that other crap we can get at work,,, right? Let's leave it there.

Speaking of SMALLnet, anyone have the scoop?
Old 02-13-2003, 01:44 AM
Bubbafly
My Feedback: (2)

Good evening,
I am new to this forum, but not new to rc flying. I like the cox vs novell banter. I am switching from .40 size planes to 1/2A, and among all the chatter about these two brands, I may be able to sift out some useful information. I also, hope to gain a lot of "been there, done that experience ", before I have to go there and do that. Thanks in advance for the help and info.
Old 02-13-2003, 12:24 PM
Dave Campbell

Yeah, more than any other kind of model, we fly TOY airplanes. Not worth the headache to get deadly serious about them-unless you are specifically aiming for a special niche.

Dave
Old 02-13-2003, 06:44 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

To give Buzzard Bait his due it's just possible that the fun banter has overflowed into a few too many other "serious" threads.

I haven't been around here forever like some of you have but I have seen my share of serious threads take some extended side trips.

Like Dave (I think it was) said, threads started as fun items in the first place are open "warfare" in my book too and even the odd on topic jab in the others are all in fun but perhaps we could all learn to limit the responses just a little? At least keep the sidetracks to only a couple of posts instead of a full on trainwreck?

Please don't think I'm suggesting that it ALL be stopped. I'd hate to see you guys walking around all serious.... Heck, fastlash would probably pop an artery if he tried...
Old 03-25-2003, 02:25 PM
rszanti

I missed the poll but I'm FOR continued bantering. I started out in modeling using Cox engines, all 1/2a controlline and I have good memories. The constant yakityyak about them reinforces those enjoyable memories.

Keep it up !
Old 03-25-2003, 10:51 PM
LoneRanger

I'm for it but i missed the poll

L.R.

Norvel all the way!