Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Update! My DNU and where I have been lately, and My Perry Haul

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Update! My DNU and where I have been lately, and My Perry Haul

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 12:02 AM
Sneasle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update! My DNU and where I have been lately, and My Perry Haul

Went to the Perry show today. Got to meet ptulmer, flyswatter, and a few others. I saw what hfenn had sent, but I guess he did not come along with his planes. I hope I am not leaving anyone out of my brief list.

Got some pretty nice stuff at Perry and was able to knock a little bit off of my to-do list. I wanna give a big thank you to ptulmer and flyswatter (That was you flyswatter, right?) for giving me such awesome deals. It might not be right away, but you will see them fly!!

I was talking with Pat and I mentioned my old DNU. He said that I have never posted about finishing it and I think he was right. It came put pretty good, but for some reason just didn't have enough umph in the air. I thought it was too heavy outright. When I was talking with Pat they seemed to think it may have been just a tad too off balance. I threw it on the scale when I got in from the show (after taking it off the wall) and it came in at 12oz for just the covered airframe, nothing at all in it. That does seem a bit heavy considering the gear I had in it, but I could have been wrong. Maybe I will pull it off the wall again later and give it a shot.

Here are some pics of it that I took earlier today. If you want something better to put up Pat, let me know what kind of angle and I'll find a better background for it.

In the mean time since I finished the DNU there has been lots of school, a bit of work, and not as much airplane as I would have liked. The last project of mine was repairing an avistar that I bought off a co-worker for cheap. His instructor planted it pretty good on a take off, so it needed a bit of TLC. You can find my rebuild thread on it below but I will post a teaser pic and the link to the youtube video of the plane sitting outside my apt door running.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqju6CWvb7c

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_53...tm.htm#5438562

For more pics hit up the thread above or look up my photobucket acccount:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...tar/?start=all

So there is the Avistar. I have not had the chance to take it out yet, haven't had the time, and I almost don't want to since it is so pretty!

Anyways, that about sums up the last few months.. I am back at my co-op job this term so no classes for me until summer. Oddly enough I have less time to work on planes during these co-op terms since I work 11-12 hrs days and spend the weekend taking care of stuff that can't be done during the week.

I had a little computer fun recently at work. If anyone is interested in that kind of stuff you can check out my thread on one of my computer forums. Be warned, it is a bit technical, but nothing an R/C shouldn't be able to handle. My forum name there is Massimo.

http://www.maximumpc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=56637

That sums up life recently. I had a lot of fun at Perry. Did not find most of what I was looking for, but I got a laser cut DNU kit from Pat, I bought flyswatters quickie from him, and I got a Spirit Elite for $40. Not too bad, but I was hopping to find a good deal on a second plane. Maybe we need to work on that .40 sized version of the DNU some Pat!!

Enjoy guys, any questions just yell.