Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Grish/tornado props website...whats the deal?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Grish/tornado props website...whats the deal?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 01:54 AM
SRA Foam Flyer
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grish/tornado props website...whats the deal?

What in the world is going on with grish/tornado props??? They are rare in hobbyshops and online shops. I went directly to their website and ordered. From what I gather, their last page on the ordering says the props will arrive with a bill. It says to send the money back after receiving the props. I ordered in November and after a few weeks made another order to make sure I did it correctly and read the billing proccess right, I did get a automatic email bot times saying the props were on the way. December, January and no props so I then tried emailing them with questions and never got an answer, they have an answering machine, but no one ever returns calls? Here we are in February...no props...WHAT THE ???...My Norvel and AP's are getting very impatient.
Old 02-13-2003, 02:06 AM
fastlash
My Feedback: (7)

Default props

Sounds weird, I guess you will have to go to hobby lobby, I have found most hobby shops only carry props for the kits and engine inventory that are there bread and butter, we are a minority here.
Old 02-13-2003, 02:52 AM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just found out that Grish props are discontinued at the large hobby shop I deal with here in Canada. Thats not good news...

Andrew
Old 02-13-2003, 06:41 AM
SRA Foam Flyer

Thats too bad, they make a good little props, I was counting on getting some of their 2 and 3 blade 1/2A pushers. Looks like the cox 3 bladed 5x3 will be the only under 6 in pusher left. Oh well, guess I'll have to cut down some kavan 7x4 pushers.
Old 02-16-2003, 03:36 PM
powerglide
My Feedback: (4)

Default hate to tell ya this

speaking of tornado props?? just picked up a hand full of 1/2A props at the n/w expo, THEY WERE NOT CHEAP>>>>>>>>too bad they work so good
Old 11-30-2003, 11:59 PM
SRA Foam Flyer

Default RE: hate to tell ya this

Well, here we are a year later, no order ever arrived. I guess this is par for them, according to a few people that have met family members that own the company, they make props just for fun???when they feel like it, so you never know when your order will arrive. I took a chance with there web-site again recently to get some magnum series 3 bladed 6x3 or 5x4 props for my Multiplex Cargo/bomber. Got the same response, your order has been processed, send no money, when the props arrive, you can pay by mailing a check back. I am almost done with the Cargo and looking for 4 or more props of either 6x3 or 5x4. If anyone has seen these in a hobby shop or know a dealer that has them instock I'd like them for the scale appeal, otherwise I can just go with APCs.
thanx
Old 12-01-2003, 12:37 AM
KS_Pyro
My Feedback: (4)

I bought several Tornado props at this little hobby shop in Wichita, KS. The name of it is Routh Hobbies and it's located at 516 N Dodge. The number is (316)-267-9381. The last time I was in there (about a year ago), they had a large selection of them. You might give them a call and see if they can help you out.

Dave
Old 12-01-2003, 01:01 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm surprised to see so much interest in GRISH props. I would be happy to TRADE what I have for a SERVICABLE TD crankcase. I have[ 2 ]yellow 5 1/2*3 pushers,[ 1] white 5*3, [1 ]5 1/2*3 that has been cut down to 4 3/4, and a couple of 5*3 that are cut down far enough to make a TD 4 cycle at 28,000 .. rpm
Old 12-01-2003, 01:59 PM
skaliwag
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have bought props direct from Grish. They send you an invoice with the merchandise.
Old 12-01-2003, 04:02 PM
EGB

Default RE: Grish/tornado props website...whats the deal?

I could never find them in the hobby shop that use to carry them. Nobody seem to have them so I went the mail order route. I ran into major problems with some orders I made with Grish about a year ago. I calculated the cost using their website and sent payment to them. I received my letter back a couple of weeks later indicating the address had changed/was incorrect. I obtained the latest address and resent my order. Didn't hear back from them after 2-3 months. Attempted to contact them by phone but only received their voice mail. Never got to talk with a live person. I had to leave messages twice because of the time lapse and lack of apparent response. I let them know in my message about my order problems and received the order several weeks later. They never processed my personal check. You would have thought I had learned but NO I had to make another order (I really like their Tornado props - ). Besides I had to send them the payment they never charged me for the first time. This time it took another couple of months and only after again leaving a message on their voice mail. I received my order plus additional props due to the order problems I had. I still have credit remaining from the 2nd order. It was like pulling teeth, but I will say that they took care of me after everything was said and done. And they did throw in some additional free props for all the problems. Like I said I really like their props. -

EGB
Old 12-01-2003, 06:13 PM
cranky1

Just went to the Grish web site and ordered some 5-4's we'll see what happens.
I know the web site was down for a while.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:12 PM
SmoothRC

I have had success with.

http://virginiahobbysport.com/propellers.htm

They always had what I was looking for.

Just trying to help.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:03 PM
DICKEYBIRD

"Go Fast Turn Left"

Bank And Yank!
Old 12-02-2003, 06:23 PM
cranky1

When you put it that way it's kind of corny isn't it!!!!!
Old 12-05-2003, 03:37 AM
SRA Foam Flyer

They weren't the black magnums, but I found a few places that had some 3 blade props left. I know you can't tell when it's flying, but it looks better on the ground.