Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

AP engine mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 07:24 AM
robsib4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AP engine mods

I just wanted to say that I reported an AP sleeve to match an Norvel .061 AME three port. I did this all by the naked eye, no measuring tools at all, just copied the method Toad used. I used an Norvel Lite machines V-Max 6 Revlite engine case and crank, so I wouldn't need to do any work on the carb. I don't have a tach, but it seamed to run pretty good, better than stock AP close to stock Norvel. I used one Norvel gasket between the case and sleeve and one Norvel head gasket under an AP button glow plug. I did try, and it did fit, an AP crank in an Norvel case, and also an Norvel crank in an AP case. I was looking to see if a hybrid would run and it did. Since you can by AP sleeves and pistons and con. rods from Global Services, looks like a person can still use an Norvel and modified AP parts. If anyone wants to run this engine and test it, let me know, like I said I don't have any equipment to do the job correctly.