Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Bladder tubing tank with Wasp .061?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Bladder tubing tank with Wasp .061?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 05:44 PM
chevy43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bladder tubing tank with Wasp .061?

Will one of thease style bladder tanks work with a throttled engine?

http://www.kittingittogether.com/bla...s/kt24_89.html

It looks like a great way to save the weight of a regular style tank!

It looks like it will solve balance problems too because it can be placed over the center of gravity and feed fuel under presssure.

It says it should be in a tube of some kind. Maybe some light sheet foam rolled into a tube would work for that.......

Treven.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:17 PM
gkamysz
My Feedback: (19)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bladder tubing tank with Wasp .061?

Generally speaking, no. It certainly won't work for an airbleed carb and even with a two needle you are likely to have midrange problems. The pressure is too high, and none of the carbs are designed for it. If you were to add a pressure regulator to reduce the pressure at the carb, you might have a workable system, with some experimentation.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:30 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: chevy43

Will one of thease style bladder tanks work with a throttled engine?

http://www.kittingittogether.com/bla...s/kt24_89.html

It looks like a great way to save the weight of a regular style tank!

It looks like it will solve balance problems too because it can be placed over the center of gravity and feed fuel under presssure.

It says it should be in a tube of some kind. Maybe some light sheet foam rolled into a tube would work for that.......

Treven.
What you want is a balloon tank, or make your own clunk tank from a film can. Bladders and carbs don't mix, bladders are for large venturis and fine thread needles. For bladders, the tube both provides a smooth walled surface to sit in when full and under pressure, and in some cases protects the surrounding real estate should the tank burst.

MJD
Old 03-14-2007, 02:15 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

It definetly will not work with a throttled engine. No maybe about it. Those bladders provide a very strong pressure and are only good for engines running full out for the whole flight. It'll flood horribly the first time you try to go to idle. Or if you manage to start and tune it at idle it'll starve immediatly when you try to go up.

CG shifts from fuel use is not a big deal for our models unless you're going for some sort of endurance record.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've not been able to connect to Larry's site, [link=http://www.kittingittogether.com]Kit It Together[/link] for a couple of days -- is anyone else having problems?
Old 03-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Larry Driskill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Andrew

I've not been able to connect to Larry's site, [link=http://www.kittingittogether.com]Kit It Together[/link] for a couple of days -- is anyone else having problems?

Andrew, Thank you for the heads up.

We had some growing pains with the new site and this must be the lastest. We are trying to get in contact with the new hosts and get going again.

Other than some email problems and now this I have been happy with the new format and it has more stuff and more capabilites I can use when I get time and more training.