Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

New Workshop finally!

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

New Workshop finally!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 06:46 AM
propbuster
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Workshop finally!

Hi Guys, Just a couple of pic's of my new workshop building. I still need to install a couple of windows in the front and finish the work benches and electrical. It's only 12'x 16', but I now have a dedicated "hanger" of my own and my wife gets our bedroom back!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36957.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	643143   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76920.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	643144  
Old 03-16-2007, 07:21 AM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Workshop finally!

Color me green!
Old 03-16-2007, 08:07 AM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It looks like it'll make a fine workshop. I've been thinking about doing the same, someday.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:15 AM
tangerine-jack

Wow, that's really great! 12x16 is a LOT of space, use it wisely. I've build motorcycles in smaller spaces, so you should have no trouble with a few RC planes! Your worst enemy will be heat/cold as you will be spending a lot of time in there, so make it comfy!
Old 03-16-2007, 10:00 AM
flyinrog

Looks cool, better go ahead and start designing rafters to hold your planes , if your going pattern, those 5 foot wings take up space pretty quick!! you need one window on the side that faces the house so you can get out in time while your wife is on the way out with a spatula (or worse yet a torch), and another smaller window for the AC unit..congrats Tim..Rog..Hey can you make it down for the May meet?
Old 03-16-2007, 05:04 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Nice work, PB! Don't forget to throw a tarp over it when the Tax Man comes around........
Old 03-17-2007, 06:08 PM
propbuster

Thanks for the nice comments guys! Got the workbenches done, and still working on the electrical (ran out of wire) CP, I rent, so I'm not worried about the Tax Man and, when I do move, all I have to do is jack it up, slip a couple of timbers under it, and off down the road on my buddy's rollback it goes! Rog, the wife is a little jealous, as although she gets the bedroom back, the shop is even bigger! Hope to make it to the Fun Fly, but can't confirm just yet. Prop
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94373.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	644092   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10720.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	644093  
Old 03-17-2007, 06:20 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Tim,

Looks real nice Bro!!!! I wish I had the extra 2 feet when I built might last fall...stupid 10x16[X(] Just as I got it finished I realized I needed more room[]

Rock on Brother!

Later,
Tim
Old 03-17-2007, 07:20 PM
propbuster

Tim, Yeah I'm figuring as soon as I move all my stuff into, it I'll have outgrown it already!![X(] I was looking to rent some bigger size shop space for the longest time, but couldn't find anything I could afford that was close to home. I finally gave up and pieced this together with a lot of salvaged materials I scrounged up and have only laid out about $250 from my pocket. I was looking at the premade buildings at Home Depot and they want $3200 for the same size unfinished! Sometimes it pays to be frugal, and a dumpster diver Prop
Old 03-17-2007, 09:36 PM
hogflyer

Nothing wrong with dumpster diving - a fine skill to be honed and cherished . My ex, always the facetious one, said that I was a natural at dumpster diving and pack ratting, and should throw most of what I had pack ratted back in the dumpster - until the blower motor went out when it was 5 deg. outside on a Saturday evening. Guess who had a spare motor rat holed away .

Nice looking building. Where you going to insulate the walls to help with the heating/cooling? And don't forget the wet bar in one corner - necessities, ya know........

Hogflyer
Old 03-18-2007, 07:54 AM
propbuster

Hogflyer, I've come across quite a few great finds in Dumpsters! Power tools, electronics, building materials, one time I found an old Johnson outboard motor that I used for years afterwards! I've even found a model airplane! It's an Aerobird Challenger that I've still got although the receiver board has since gone bad and I can't part with the $40 to replace it![>:] My 10" table saw is a Dumpster find, as well as my 3/8"power drill, scroll saw, and bandsaw which are in one of the pic's of the new workbenches. Insulation will have to wait untill the fall, that will give me time to scrounge up some battens from jobsite dumpsters as well as paneling of some sort for the interior walls. It doesn't get too awfull hot here in the mountains, and I'm hoping a couple of open windows and an exhaust fan should keep it okay temp wise this summer. I'm going to need the exhaust fan while working on fiberglass fuselages and cutting foam wings anyway. Thanks for the comments guys, Prop
Old 03-18-2007, 08:33 AM
SGC

Its truley amazeing the great stuff people throw out , my 4st lawnmower is 1 I recycled 6yrs ago , it only needed the tappits resetting.
Stewart
Old 03-18-2007, 08:42 AM
flyinrog

as a kid my dad would send me to neighbors trash all the time for tools, edgers, mowers, all kinds of stuff so I grew up with the habit myself...I found a sears outboard motor too, but the guy came out and said he meant to keep it..I ended up giving him $5 for it...used it for years too....have bought and rebuilt more mowers than I can remember....I get all of my kindling wood from store pallet trash...Rog