Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

medallion head for a tee dee .09?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

medallion head for a tee dee .09?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 01:28 PM
rcdude7
My Feedback: (264)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default medallion head for a tee dee .09?

I have done a search here but cannot find a answer to this question.

Can a .09 medallion head #2302 ? be used on a tee dee .09 ? They spec a #2102 replacement head I think, which is also a low comp bowl shaped chamber from what I can see.

Thanks
Old 03-21-2007, 02:26 PM
ffkiwi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: medallion head for a tee dee .09?

Of course it can-but you will get slightly less power than with the high compression TD 09 trumpet head. You may actually find the engine a bit easier to handle and tune on the Medallion head. Another alternative is the Queen Bee 074 head-which takes standard 1/4-32 glowplugs-and then you can experiment-this head has a bowl and squishband profile, so is different again to the TD and Medallion heads.

'ffkiwi'
Old 03-21-2007, 02:27 PM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes you can use a Medallion head on a TD09. However it isn't as efficient as the hi compression head and you will lose some rpm. It will last a little longer then the TD head though. Estes was sending out their 09's with the medallion head for quite awhile. They never manufactured anything the whole time they had Cox. Just assembled and consumed the parts that they had on hand which must have been considerable.

Dennis
Old 03-22-2007, 12:20 AM
rcdude7
My Feedback: (264)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info, I also have a new plug in a sealed cox baggie and while it is labeled as a #2102 tee dee .09 head, it is a low compression type, not like the original hi-comp but probably the same as the medallion head? Of course, the medallion head has yet a different #2302. Go figure! No matter, I'm not going to look for another hi-comp head as they are probably big $$ on *bay nowadays like most everything else cox.