Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Cox Scorpion

Old 03-31-2007, 11:44 PM
hogflyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cox Scorpion

Is anybody familiar with the old Cox Scorpion ARF? I'm looking at one NIB for $40.00 + shipping, but want to find out more about it - what I've been able to find out is its a 4-ch pattern style plane, supposed to be a good platform for the Cox .09 RC. Don't know anything else beyond that. I guess for $40.00 isn't bad considering the price of ARF's today.

Hogflyer
Old 03-31-2007, 11:58 PM
digital_trucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cox Scorpion

found a pic of one here...(this one is sold, dunno how long ago)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49108
Old 04-01-2007, 12:24 AM
skaliwag
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most certainly worth $40... My FB flew his with the C*x .09TD-R/c and found it a nice stable Small pattern "type" airplane ...
What to put on the front these days?? Unless of course you have a TD-R/c .09ci. That's the Question.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:29 AM
build light

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sure is a nice looking plane. If I had 40 bucks and there was one available to me for that price, I would do it.

Robert
Old 04-01-2007, 04:10 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: build light

Sure is a nice looking plane. If I had 40 bucks and there was one available to me for that price, I would do it.

Robert
What he said!...Rog
Old 04-01-2007, 11:09 AM
hogflyer

ORIGINAL: skaliwag

Most certainly worth $40... My FB flew his with the C*x .09TD-R/c and found it a nice stable Small pattern "type" airplane ...
What to put on the front these days?? Unless of course you have a TD-R/c .09ci. That's the Question.
Well, I do in fact just happen to have a brand new TD .09RC sitting in the display cabinet - never been run . I think this is one I probably can't pass up.

I did find out it is missing the engine mount and cowling but I think I can fab one from balsa or fiberglass, and use a standard engine mount. If worse comes to worse I'll machine an engine mount.

Hogflyer
Old 04-03-2007, 11:42 PM
hogflyer

Ok, looks like I may be able to get a Norvel .074 NIB for $60.00 to go along with the Scorpion - should I jump on that also?

Hogflyer
Old 04-04-2007, 12:08 AM
Big Al-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: hogflyer

Ok, looks like I may be able to get a Norvel .074 NIB for $60.00 to go along with the Scorpion - should I jump on that also?

Hogflyer
Hog, if you don't want it (and assuming it's R/C), then please put me down next in line. I could kick myself for not picking one up when they were plentiful.
Al
Old 04-04-2007, 08:12 AM
hogflyer

Big Al,

It is the RC version. The more I think about it, this is probably the best chance I have of finding one NIB and a bit cheaper than fleebay overinflated prices seem to bring. Already just committed to getting it with the Scorpion. I'll probably end up running my TD .09 RC on the scorpion and finding a suitable project for the Norvel.

Hogflyer